Mon, Oct 7, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Lost heart

Incognitas ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2011 at 4:54 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:21 AM

I'm not working in 3D these days..the rot started when I couldn't afford to buy the lated version of DS4 Advanced or V5..

Then on top of everything I've developed a fast developing cataract in my right eye which has now virtually finished off my vision in that eye within a year and another has begun in my left eye.

I'm now waiting on my doctor to get me on a waiting list to see a consultant because this being the UK it's down to the NHS because I can't afford private healthcare insurance.

I has taken the edge of all my art work.Trying to draw a still life when ones depth perception is slightly warped makes for some oddly flattened work..

I'm depressed and the lack of supply work has taken the heart out of me.I try to keep Brycing but the strange random bug that keeps closing B7 down doesn't help.

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2011 at 5:19 PM

When it rains it pours....  This shall pass.. hold on..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2011 at 6:54 PM · edited Mon, 05 December 2011 at 6:59 PM

It’s an awful shame when your physical and mental health is dependent on the government to which you pay your taxes to and who are so keen to fiercely collect on time but your eyesight can wait.

I had a cataract in my right eye which developed after a trauma from when I was 15 years old living in a rough neighborhood (just being a nice kid…LOL). It grew as I did but 2 years ago it came to an impasse such as the one you’re experiencing. I had a problem seeing through it. Fortunately I did have insurance at the time and had the cataract removed and replaced by a mini crystal ball…OK...just a new lens and now I see better through it than my left eye. So if it comes as any consolation, the surgery did indeed help.

This is not to mention that as I aged, I also slowly developed a cataract in my left eye as well but it’s nowhere near as bad as the other one was but it’s coming close (yeh…yippee…ehhh!). My last appointment (last week) the doctor suggested that if it gets worst next year, I should consider having it removed. This time around tho, I’m retired and my prior insurance is now my secondary and our supposedly social medical health insurance (Medicare)…which I paid into my entire career (35 years’ worth) is now my primary. We shall see how this is dealt with next year.

Nevertheless the point is...hold on tight until this thing gets approved…as I would think it certainly will. Then I will for one be certainly waiting to see your works. Disillusioning at first I know but don’t forget…it’s the artist and not the tools they use.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2011 at 5:09 AM

Hey, i hope the docs find something for your eyes... I dont know much about the healthcare system overthere, but i hope they figure something to help you.

I'm not sure how odd the odly flattened still lifes are, but as one artist to another, i'd say maybe you can try to take some of the disadvantages of your current situation, get creative and work with them instead of against them.

For instance, if your diminished depth perception keeps you from drawing artwork with sufficiently realistic proportions or volume, maybe you can try and develop a new style unique to your own creative vision and artistic abilities where you're sort of 'messing around' with the size and distance of things. You could experiment with more stylized, impressionistic or surealistic interpretations of things for instance. Just because your depth perception is less doesnt mean you cant still draw something that looks pretty ;)

Also, if the crashes in b7 hold you back, why not revert to b5? It might not have HDRI but its still good and for me its always been very very stable.

Try to take advantage of the things you can do, rather then getting too stuck on the things you cant. You know, the always look at the bright side approach, with half full glasses and such.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2011 at 10:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time. ;-(

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2011 at 10:32 AM

Hang in there mate and take consolation from Quest as he's been down your current path with very good , it seems, results. You'll be in my prayers.....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:12 PM
Forum Moderator

My dad used to wear glasses, but when he had his cataracts removed, it improved his vision to the point he did not need glasses anymore.  I am praying that you get your operation.  I would not worry too much about having the latest DS or V5.  Lots of folks are still doing stellar work in DS3 and using V4.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

HakDragon ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:23 PM

You are in my thoughts & prayers, losing the ability to do what you love is always tough. Please stay strong, and look forward to better days.

-Hak

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 5:28 PM

My dad had to wait to a certain point where they could operate and the entire thing was less than 20 minutes and most of that was spent waiting.

He even got an upgrade, the lense that they put in has UV protection.

He doesnt wear glassess anymore and he is in his 70's.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.