Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Deleting a figure's material zone inside Poser?

Michael314 ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 10:58 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

Hello,

sometimes, due to invoking a wrong pose file, additional mat zones are created. Normally they don't hurt, but EZSkin complains about an unsupported figure if it sees extra mat zones. Is there a way to delete an existing mat zone from within Poser or do I have to save the figure, edit the cr2, and reload it?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 11:03 AM

Navigate to EZSkin post.  There is a likelihood that the figure is not genuinely supported.  Snarly has released a newer version with an editable XML file to add new figures to the script.  Easy to use if you follow the format I posted last night.  I have tried it and it works very well.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 11:11 AM

Poser Pocket Knife has the tools to be able to do that.

http://www.philc.net/PoserPocketKnife.php

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote - ... but EZSkin complains about an unsupported figure if it sees extra mat zones ...

EZSkin identifies the figure by its geometry file, not by its material zones. If EZSkin is saying the figure is unsupported then editing the material zones will make no difference.

As hborre says, you can add EZSkin support for figures yourself now.

Also, if a supported figure has extra material zones you can tell EZSkin to 'Ignore Warnings' and it will skip the unknown material zones altogether.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 8:23 PM

philC, does poser pocket knife work okay in PP 2012?

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 8:32 PM

yes

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 8:33 PM

gee you have a tool for everything dont you!

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 8:53 PM

Pretty much :)

Michael314 ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 5:39 AM

Hi,

thanks a lot!  So it confirms that

1. deleting a material  isn't possible in Poser without extensions

2. my original problem isn't due to the materials

The figures in question (I had this 2 times) were V4 and M4, both I have used with EZSkin successfully before. I did not intentionally alter the geometry (as I said, in error clicked on the wrong pose files, which was intended for some clothing or hair).

I spotted the added materials (and therefore incorrectly assumed this would cause the problem), but I cannot find any geometry change. Maybe it was some Poser glitch.

Best regards,

Michael 

Michael314 ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 6:10 AM

@hborre: Thank you, I found your post and also the link to EZSkin 1.5.0

This solves the problem! I now found the true cause of my problem. I ran the figure_mats.py script on the problematic figures. The output revealed the cause: I had saved the figure to the library, using a different name. This has changed the geometry's .obj name!  With EZSkin 1.5.0, I can now add the customized object name to the xml and continue.

Best regards,

Michael

Lzy724 ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 9:38 AM

isnt there a button at the bottom of the ezskin that says, ignore all warnings? I had that happen too, and just clicked that. no more dink dink dink. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.