Sun, Sep 22, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Problems with a model...3-D-C's Sci Fi Bar

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 5:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:37 AM

So I tried contacting the vendor with the issue when I tried it in DS, and he even replicated the problem and said he'd investigate. That was a couple of months ago... 

I ended up installing the P7 copy I had bought a while back to see if maybe it loaded fine there and I could just export out a scene file and use it in DS, but it actually loads worse. Borked UV mapping, polygons exploding... if I knew how to fix it, I would have already.

Now my question is, is it my copy or does anyone else have the same problem? DS screenshot below, will do a Poser one ASAP.

Thanks.

edit Gah! Cannot attach files.... sigh

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 6:04 PM

file_476840.png

Did this work?

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 6:04 PM · edited Fri, 30 December 2011 at 6:18 PM

file_476841.png

Ok, so Poser above, now it's the DS screenshot.

Guess I should add. I posted it in the Poser forum because if the solution calls for me to load in Poser then use in DS, that's fine.

ejp01 ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 7:53 PM
Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 8:20 PM

Thanks, but that'd work if there was an actual OBJ for the figure in question. For some reason the folder associated with that set only has OBJs for the main building figures. I even redownloaded the actual product file from my account to see if there was another geometry folder I may have missed.

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 9:20 PM

It works fine in P8 and P9.

I haven't got P7 installed anymore, so I can't try that

OKCRandy ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 10:40 PM

According to their web site it is fixed and refers you to the product page

3-D-C Artwork

So if you have not checked your account for a new version you may want to try that.

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 6:19 AM

Interesting, since I actually tried that yesterday before I posted here and had nothing, and I am looking at it right now and there is still nothing. 

But thanks anyway. Finally got a sitemail from the vendor, so we'll see what happens from there.

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 7:08 AM

Ok, so he got the bar fixed. Somewhat. Textures still load wrong in both programs but at least I can fix that. Now it's the ceiling that I just noticed does the same thing with exploding polys. I feel bad pointing it all out... but shouldn't these things have been noticed in the QA process...? And again, it does it on both programs. I completely understand when a vendor doesn't support certain programs, but that usually is just materials' wise, and like I said, that's something I can change and fix to my liking, but when the models themselves aren't right...? And I also understand that in the product page he put that P8 is recommended; but right before it it says that it works and P6 and above. 

A quick trip through PoseRay fixed the exploding poly in the ceiling but got completly rid of a particular face where the poly came from. What now?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:01 AM

theres a marketplace support forum for this type of thing.  while i abhore dirty meshes and poor communication, im not sure the general forum is the right place to deal with these issues.

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 1:18 PM

Well, I didn't know where to put it so I put it here. If the mods find it necessary to move the thread to the proper place I will not oject.

Michael314 ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 6:58 AM

Hello,

I got that bar as well last year (haven't used it yet, so cannot say if the original release was OK or not), but I cannot see any update in my account. Did you say there was one?

Just as a general comment, given the number of free extensions to his products and also the number of general freebies, I would say this vendor cares about his customers. 

Best regards,

Michael

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 10:39 AM

Just a one time comment to clarify something. The title of the threat says problems with a "model", not problems with a vendor. Considering that I have nothing but praise for all his other models and loads of freebies, I do agree that he cares. I just don't know what happened with this particular one.

And no, there is no official update as far as I know. You'd have to contact him for that if your copy doesn't work either.

Ok, seems that perhaps this thread ran its course since no one can duplicate my errors... so moderators, do as you please.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.