Thu, Sep 19, 11:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Export for Corel Draw use?

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:46 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:47 PM

Hi, I need to export single frame to use in Corel Draw but the png export is not the greatest. I tried the HDRI optimizing but I figured it was worth asking if there is a better way to get a high quality png or other file type for corel draw,

Thanks
Kimberly

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 12:30 PM · edited Sat, 31 December 2011 at 12:31 PM

Sorry, but PNG is exact, not lossy, so saying it isn't the greatest is really strange. What can be greater than exact reproduction?

You ask for high quality PNG, but there is no quality parameter in PNG representation. There is in JPEG, but this isn't JPEG, it is PNG.

Or are you referring to dynamic range - that being the point of HDRI, which stands for High Dynamic Range Image?

Perhaps it isn't the export, but the use of the image in the next app that is actually the problem.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 1:34 PM

It is probably me doing something wrong. I have been using 3d software for less than a week. I mostly use corel draw.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 3:54 PM

When I said that the problem is the next app, I was referring to Corel Draw. There's nothing particularly "3D" about exporting the image as a PNG. There's nothing you can do differently. There are no options.

You haven't said what aspect of the image is less than great. When you view it outside Corel Draw, just using a picture viewer, does it look right? If so, then does it look wrong in Corel Draw? If so, what are you doing to it? Are you resizing it? Reshaping it? Are we talking about export with alpha/transparency and compositing it? What?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 8:39 PM

Sorry, busy football day and didn't take the time to explain that I should have.   :)

I thought I could export the render object as png and resize it without problems but it actually exports the screen shot. Rendering on black background can produce a transparent background png which looks great in corel photo paint but it gets blurry in corel photo paint or draw when you try to make it larger (resize or resample). Tomorrow I plan to mess more with the dpi and screen sized setting before exporting. See what happens. I had hoped to find a plug-in to help with this but I guess I going to have to do old fashion mess with setting till I get the right output.

stallion ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 8:46 PM

Why not just render the image to the size you want and save it then open in Corel?

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 9:42 PM

Quote - Why not just render the image to the size you want and save it then open in Corel?

That is what I am trying to figure out. 

stallion ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 10:10 PM

if you go to [Render] on the toolbar

select Render Dimensions

check Render to exact resolution

set size you can choose  pixels, inches, cm

this is P7

Im sure other versions are similar

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 10:29 PM

The same on all other versions.

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quote - if you go to [Render] on the toolbar

select Render Dimensions

check Render to exact resolution

set size you can choose  pixels, inches, cm

this is P7

Im sure other versions are similar

Thank you very much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.