Thu, Sep 19, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Replace eyes?

kimbersue ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 7:45 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Hello, I have been buying models today and taking them apart trying to learn poser pro 2012. I notice several models have where you can make more control over the eyes and mouth, etc...  However you can't replace parts of the models with other parts, for example, another set of eyes.  I can find eyes in the library but can't chagne out one set for another.

What am I missing?

Thank you
Kimberly

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 7:48 PM

You can change textures for eyes easily enough in the material room or via pose files. Changing out the eye mesh, though... you'd have to have a really good reason to do so, because the eye mesh is designed to work with the model.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

kimbersue ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 7:49 PM

Thanks, I was messing with it in the material room. I will stick with that.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:38 AM

file_476877.jpg

RobynsVeil is right.  You rarely want to use a mesh from another figure, but you can do it on those rare occasions when you really nead too.  I added V4 eyes to the skull by loading V4 into the sceen and parenting her eyes to the skull and then moving the xyz for the eyes until they were where I wanted them to be in the skull.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:41 AM

Quote - RobynsVeil is right.  You rarely want to use a mesh from another figure, but you can do it on those rare occasions when you really nead too.  I added V4 eyes to the skull by loading V4 into the sceen and parenting her eyes to the skull and then moving the xyz for the eyes until they were where I wanted them to be in the skull.

That is what I want going to do but I could not get the eyes to load into the screen to place them where I wanted them.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:48 AM

You can get replacement eyes that will work with most figures. Blackhearted made a set called Blackeyes, which work with most DAZ and other models. Full instructions for their use are included. I have 'em and they're pretty good. I believe Predatron also made some but I don't have those so I can't give an opinion.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:53 AM · edited Sat, 31 December 2011 at 11:54 AM

I just loaded the whole V4 figure and then pulled the eyes out of it and placed them in the skull. To get them in the skull I just selected each eye and moved it with the xyz until it was in the skull.

I use blackeyes too. They are great for what you are talking about.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 12:15 PM

Quote - I just loaded the whole V4 figure and then pulled the eyes out of it and placed them in the skull. To get them in the skull I just selected each eye and moved it with the xyz until it was in the skull.

I use blackeyes too. They are great for what you are talking about.

that sounds like a plan. I will try it.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 7:08 PM

file_476890.jpg

Another option is to export the eyes as .obj and then reimport them. Export them one at a time or they will be stuck together as one object. You will also need to go into the material room and reapply the textures and material settings.

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 1:46 PM

I usually use TotalEyez from Predatron. Just hide the V4 eyes and conform the TotalEyez to V4.

Then I give them something to look at (menu: point at), a seperate object (ball will do) at some place behind the camera. Or something not visible, if it's nearby. This is the best way to get rid of the dummy-look.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 6:29 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.