Tue, Oct 22, 1:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Why imports on side????

3eighty ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 12:04 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:01 AM

Why do my obj/3ds imports come in on their side(90 deg)

richard

3eighty

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 3:37 AM

camera angle?

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 9:57 AM
Forum Moderator

That's a new one. I've no idea. Unless they are unique to a supplier.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 11:08 AM

Maybe run it thru the free app PoseRay first...that seems to help in Terragen

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

3eighty ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 1:42 PM

Thanks folks

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 4:25 PM

On ther Groups Tab in PoseRay you can flip the axis and then export it with an appended name...I add a PR to the end of the name ie: SunflowerPR.obj

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

3eighty ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2012 at 10:31 PM

The problem can be fixed right in Bryce simply by typing in -90 in rotation...I was simply wondering why they came in that way..Thanks to all

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2012 at 7:34 PM

obj files are made with the vertex numbers flipped 90 deg.  My Bryce automatically rotates them back. My Rhino leaves them flipped. 3ds aren't flipped to begin with. I saw this kind of behavior back in Bryce 5 or 5.5. The upgrade took care of it. What version of Bryce are you using?

3eighty ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'am using v 7.1...Is there a setting I should change?

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2012 at 2:46 AM

I'm running Bryce 7.1.0.74 on windows vista. obj exports from Poser 6 come in standing up. as do obj or 3ds I create in Rhino. If I import the poser export into Rhino it winds up on it's side. I think Wings has a switch setting but I don't know of one in Bryce. If your Bryce is the same as mine this shouldn't be happening.

Find the actual install folder for Bryce. C:Program FilesDAZ3DBryce 7. Mouse over the Bryce.exe file or right click and you should be able to read the File Version. If the number is lower than 7.1.0.74 go to your DAZ account page, click on Itimized Order History, and reset the Bryce download. This will allow you to download the latest version and upgrade.

3eighty ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2012 at 4:57 PM

Will do..Thank you for your time..

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2012 at 6:15 PM

It seems .obj out MAX will come in rotated 90 degrees, and also the .obj out of XFROG as I have a few from Terragen world I tried...depends on the flavour of .obj I think

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.