Wed, Sep 18, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:46 pm)

Subject: Anastasia

vitachick ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 10:33 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:31 PM

Problem.  How do you get it to open? I've loaded alyson2..went into material room to apply body mat but the head doesnt mat. Do the head (makeup etc) but comes out black. Poser2012 trace does not pick anything up for GND, BlackHeart etc..

What am I doing wrong?

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:08 AM · edited Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:11 AM

Hi there,

in a standard Poser 9/Poser 2012 install Alyson 2 is located at Figures>People>Alyson>Alyson2

load her into your scene, and then click the Girl next Door Anastasia INJ pose for the morphs/shaders located at Pose>Blackhearted>GND Anastasia

this will load her default MATs. her other MATs are located in Materials>Blackhearted>GND Anastasia

if you dont find the Poses/MATs in the above locations then please reinstall the product.  also, in your General Preferences (CTRL+K) your File Search should be set to Deep.

ive run into one other case - just last night - where the customer had trouble loading her and we found out it was because they had previously stripped some of the base figures/content from their runtime.

feel free to just PM/email me directly if you are having problems since i check my emails about half-hourly whereas my forum visits are more sporadic.

cheers,
-gabriel

vitachick ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 12:56 PM

Tried to reinstall but winzip asked me file already exsists do I want  to overwrite.

Poser is on my 2nd drive..Did trace for Blackheart and all files are showing up.

d Program Files/SmithMicro/Poser2012/Runtime.

Then various texture pose folder. Sry I did not include pic but lost hd on this comp and did not install PSP or other graphic program to open and save as jpg. Don't see where you can open a clipboard image here :(

Advise next step.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 12:59 PM

"Tried to reinstall but winzip asked me file already exsists do I want  to overwrite."

choose overwrite. its likely giving you a warning that the folders already exist.

the directions in the readme:

"extract Runtime.zip archive to your Poser install directory (eg: C:/Program Files/Smith Micro/Poser 9), choosing overwrite when prompted."

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 1:00 PM
Online Now!

Are you running in Windows 7 OS environment?  If that is the case, we might be seeing UAC interference with the installed files.  Verify which OS you are using.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 2:52 PM · edited Wed, 11 January 2012 at 2:53 PM

Whether or not UAC hits you, I cannot understand why anybody would install 3rd party content into Smith Micro's runtime, now that external runtimes are so well supported.

When you get a new version of Poser, and another after that, and another after that, what are you going to do about all your bloated runtimes, with 3 copies of all the stuff you got from SM mixed with stuff you added?

What happens when you want to wipe and reinstall because you broke something, and all that stuff is mixed up?

Bad idea.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 2:54 PM

When I get new stuff, I put it in a separate runtime. I work with it a little and decide if I like it. If I don't (and half the time I don't) I just wipe it.

If I like it, I move it to another runtime that is based on the topic/genre/character. I never install stuff into Poser's (SM's) main content.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 3:32 PM

i agree, and after having installed dozens, hundreds, perhaps thousands of runtime.zips intermediate poser users will know that and install wherever they want.

but for the beginner, rather than have paragraphs of explanation as to how they should find the correct content folder for the version they installed out of 4 different runtime location options, its just simpler and safer to do it that way.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 5:51 PM

I have standard runtimes and then I have working runtimes.  I load the content I need for a project into the working runtime, use it until the end of the project and then archive it with the rest of project files.

If we need to revist a project, I reinstall the runtime and start working.  Rarely do I have a problem with having to manual searches this way.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quote BB "

I never install stuff into Poser's (SM's) main content."

But what about python scripts.  You still need to install them into the main poser runtime don't you?

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 9:40 PM

Nope.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 9:59 PM

oh, well that makes life much easier.  for some reason I thought one had to do that, even though I know I can run individual ones from the file menu, run python script, I like seeing them in my scripts menu.  will i still be able to do that?

Love esther

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 10:26 PM · edited Wed, 11 January 2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote - oh, well that makes life much easier.  for some reason I thought one had to do that, even though I know I can run individual ones from the file menu, run python script, I like seeing them in my scripts menu.  will i still be able to do that?

Love esther

For some scripts you do have to do that. But not for any that I wrote, and I don't much use anything else.

The scripts menu is foolishly only able to show what is in the main runtime, and so I do not use that.

I use the buttons window a lot.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 10:45 PM

Attached Link: D3d Python Tutorial

You can run scripts through the script menu by editing the mainButtons.py file to point to the new scripts location. You can add whole new submenus this way also.

Ralf of d3d has a free pdf tutorial on his site that has a wealth of information covering running and organizing scripts, including running scripts from a pose file.

Hope it helps😄

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 10:57 PM

thanks. Yes.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:01 PM

Of course I copied the original mainButtons.py file and renamed it mainButtonsBack.py just in case I fudged things up and could revert everything back to normal.

I edited the mainButtons file to add a SubMenu button which points to an external runtime which contains the subMenu.py. I use the script menu for scripts I use alot, like BB's VSS script or the filter off script. You can virtually add as many buttons as you wish by pointing to different submenus, but you're limited to 10 buttons per menu.

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 2:57 AM

My other comp is finally done doing its thing. Was backing up system to ext. HD.

Anyway opened Poser2012 did trace for Blackheart and everything showed up. Maybe what I will do is delete the Blackheart files and reinstall? Or it is ok to override exsisting files?

What I have done in the past is the backup the runtime.  (Daz)Just in case of hd failure. I then copy paste into the new reinstalled program. Seems to work ok.

Being graphic ignorant is really a bummer..

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 12:21 PM

"Or it is ok to override exsisting files?"

again, YES.  there is nothing in my .zips that touches the existing Poser files.

but when it asks to overwrite it is also asking whether or not to overwrite the existing directory structure - which is necessary for any product with the Runtime/Libraries/etc.. structure to install properly.

vitachick ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 2:18 PM

Found out reason Anastasia didn't show in Poser search. I had the search engine Poser 2012 content instead of just Poser2012....Now how to delete this?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2012 at 3:31 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2012 at 3:32 PM

GND Anastasia is a very pretty character. I don't know what figure Alyson 2 is, but I don't use her.  I'd love to see this character built with the same morph and proportions for V4.  Any plans on doing this?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2012 at 8:20 PM

You don't know who Alyson is? She's one of the stock Poser figures in Poser 8 and the very first figure to use WM in any version of Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.