Tue, Oct 22, 12:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Angela 1.0

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 8:31 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:55 AM

Something of an open ended question; How popular is this figure?

http://bvh3d.com/pic_details.php?pid=5

Or put another way; I do not recall hearing about it before, was I just not paying attention or is she new?

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 9:12 AM

Wow never heard of this site...Sry so not familiar with Angela 1.0

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 9:54 AM

Interesting.  Ali (mankahoo) has a figure called Angela, which was on sale and is now free.

BVH had a figure called Athena, which is very similar to this new Angela.  Athena is grouped and has a basic figure very much like V4.  Don't know anything about this new one, though. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 10:18 AM

Never heard of her.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 10:22 AM

I came across Angela and BVH's other figures when I was looking for another product.

They are good low poly figures but the lack of morphs for the figures can be limiting in their use.

There are a number of free items on his site and here for the male and female figure but some of them tend more to the vendors tastes and not to mine as a user.

I asked the vendor about Athena but the last email I had regarding that figure is that it is no longer available and all files pertaining to the figure have been deleted.

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 11:03 AM

I have Angela... and all of BVH's other stuff as well. Except for the "Cher" like outfits. I don't need that kind of stuff... I like things that go Vroom Vroom and Kaboom. Cause I'm old and stuff.

Inexpensive... really good for populating things and they render pretty well by themselves. Not that I'm any good at Rendering. Some fun outfits etc. that are a hoot and a half. I've got maybe 35-40 bucks in them I think. If more people knew about them... I Think they would like them.

Morphs would be cool. Maybe a version of Josh that looked more like a Josh and less like an Angela. Or a Clint. A Clint would be good.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

OKCRandy ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 11:35 AM

Never heard of it.

All of those characters mouths are too big and out of proportion. I thought Alyson had a big ugly mouth til I saw these.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 6:01 PM

LaurieA has made some lovely clothing for her. I do use her when i want a low-ish poly figure. She's a dramatic improvement to Poser natives, well, was, at least until BlackHearted worked his magic on Alyson2 - I am in awe of that man! :woot:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 6:18 PM

robyn, wrong angela

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 6:30 PM

Oh. Oops. What am I missing?

Metaphor of Chooks

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 3:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/51383/View/11/Poser/Angela

this is the angela Laurie did her work for.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 4:12 AM

Yep. And that was the one I was refering to, Khai: the one by Mankahoo. I purchased her way back when, on his site. She is now free.

Not sure which one you're thinking of?

Metaphor of Chooks

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 4:35 AM

Phil posted a link in the first post. Planetvixen, not Mankahoo.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 1:11 PM

Quote - Yep. And that was the one I was refering to, Khai: the one by Mankahoo. I purchased her way back when, on his site. She is now free.

Not sure which one you're thinking of?

well the question the thread asks is for a different angela model ;)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 1:18 PM

I might have her in my inventory, but to answer PhilC, not very popular.  She came and went and I have not seen many content developed for her.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 1:33 PM

Looks like a new suit just made a few days ago for her in the free area.  In fact, she has quite a few detailed outfits for her (click)

Anyway, BVH says she is an "ultra-light crowd generation capable figure"

MacMyers ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yeah.... like a said. A lot of bang for the buck. But no massive info campaign. 

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quote - I might have her in my inventory, but to answer PhilC, not very popular.  She came and went and I have not seen many content developed for her.

Hey Supes, I think you are thinking of Athena.  Same guy, similar look, different model. 

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 7:40 PM · edited Fri, 20 January 2012 at 7:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - I might have her in my inventory, but to answer PhilC, not very popular.  She came and went and I have not seen many content developed for her.

Hey Supes, I think you are thinking of Athena.  Same guy, similar look, different model. 

Nah, BVH has an Angela AND an Athena....lol. I know - all too confusing, ain't it? :P For my part, I've never used either. I'm sure I've downloaded her, but she's too low res for my tastes. I like em smooooooooth....lol.

Laurie

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 10:50 PM

i would of considered buying her but, i can't even install the freebies to look at them as you need the character to do so...

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I might have her in my inventory, but to answer PhilC, not very popular.  She came and went and I have not seen many content developed for her.

Nah, BVH has an Angela AND an Athena....lol. I know - all too confusing, ain't it? :P For my part, I've never used either. I'm sure I've downloaded her, but she's too low res for my tastes. I like em smooooooooth....lol.

Laurie

I know, that was rather me point.  HB said "She came and went".  Well no, she didn't but Athena did. 

My Store

My Gallery

DuckSoupe ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 3:08 PM

I bought her and got al the freebies. I use V.2 to have her pose. I have had no problems

edgeverse ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:09 AM

Great figure from BVH. Just wished she and other figures got more attention that most.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.