Tue, Oct 1, 5:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT: Lucas calling it quits

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 1:16 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 1:48 PM

Good thing or bad thing?

Even though I liked EP2, IMO lucas should have done this before he did the prequals.  Or ruined Indiana Jones.  Or thought that Han shouldn't have shot first.  Now hopefully Peter Jackson will get on board and save the franchise by doing the sequals. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 1:27 PM

"Or thought that Han shouldn't have shot first."

LOL

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 1:29 PM

i guess that means P.J. is too busy to look at my movie treatment that's not quite finished.  :lol:

maybe Joss Whedon is available these days.  😄

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

vholf ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 5:12 PM

Some say Han shot first due to high levels of midi-chlorians.

Seriously, "midi-chlorians"? the "force" was so great because it was ambiguous, it felt spiritual in a space-traveling universe, midi-chlorians killed that.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 5:22 PM

Uhhhh... EP2?

I guess I don't watch enough movies to know what that is...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 5:27 PM

No more PC rewriting (Han solo firing)?

No more pointless characters (Jar Jar Binks)?

No more midi-chlorians (the original idea worked because Jedi's were a kind of Shaolin monks, not genetic freaks)?

No more demented plots (a clone army ordered...by who? no inquest about it? no, it is totally normal that people order a whole secret army without apparent purpose, it happens every day!).

I feel a strong disturbance in the Force, like millions... breathing a sigh of relief.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 5:31 PM

Scifi gobblydigook. 

Technobabble.  (I was hoping to find a better video, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.)

It's a common pit fall. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 5:52 PM

I really liked the original Star Wars. A fun, not pretentious science fantasy movie.  Liked the series less and less as it dragged along. Don't think I even bothered going to the last two.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 6:03 PM · edited Thu, 19 January 2012 at 6:04 PM

"No more pointless characters (Jar Jar Binks)?"

you forgot that annoying little #%@$ Anakin :P

unfortunately annoying characters and annoying 'superkids' are a trend thats not going to be dying out anytime soon.   gritty oldskool sci-fi has been slowly dying to make way for family-friendly bullshit with comic relief, since that has more mass appeal.

the last good sci-fi movie i saw was Pandorum, and it bombed in the box office :(

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yeah, emo Anakin ruined Vader's persona a little for me.

"NOOOOOOO!" - emo vader makes LOLcats cry.

WARK!

Coleman ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 9:37 PM

He's probably a nightmare to work for, but I bet he pushes creative folks beyond what they thought they could ever achieve. Will be interesting to see what comes from his 'small' projects

Andrew_DEC ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2012 at 10:36 PM

Quote - the last good sci-fi movie i saw was Pandorum, and it bombed in the box office :(

Finally! Someone else who thought Pandorum rocked.

I also liked Moon and Sunshine, both sci-fi movies done on smallish budgets.  Not every sci-fi has to set new high watermark for the highest production costs ever.

Klebnor ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 7:33 AM

Blackhearted:

How much longer does that poor panda have to stay in time-out, anyway?

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 7:53 AM

His new movie "Red Tails" is out today so time will tell

this is something I was waiting to see

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 8:53 AM

Quote - Some say Han shot first due to high levels of midi-chlorians.

Seriously, "midi-chlorians"? the "force" was so great because it was ambiguous, it felt spiritual in a space-traveling universe, midi-chlorians killed that.

mitacondria mutated into midi chlorians?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quote - Uhhhh... EP2?

I guess I don't watch enough movies to know what that is...

Missed your post Rokket.  EP2 = episode 2, attack of the clones.  The original star wars movies were parts 4, 5, and 6.

WARK!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 1:37 PM

Attached Link: Famous Episode I Review

This review of Episode I is what started George's retirement idea. [ http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/](http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/)

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 9:46 PM

Midi-Chlorians - a chlorine-based way of controlling multiple musical instruments, particularly synthesizers...;)

...as if millions of critics cried out, and were forever silenced...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

lornix ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 9:59 PM

Quote - Midi-Chlorians - a chlorine-based way of controlling multiple musical instruments, particularly synthesizers...;)

...as if millions of critics cried out, and were forever silenced...;)

Hahahaha nice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.