Tue, Oct 1, 5:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: tribute

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 9:50 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:43 PM

if you do a search on this persons history here at  rosity and read some of his posts im sure  you will come away with a sense of awe as i have... this man has inspired and guided us through  the developement of cutting edge technologies... always there to help with even the simplest newbie issues, and can understand and offer advice on some of the most complex of problems  people are dealing with in todays  mindboggling challenges... we often let true genious go unrecognised and dont even bother to acknowledge their accomplishments...

my hat's off to PhilC... thank you for all your efforts.

JAFO

Y'all have a great day.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 9:58 AM

PhilC is a legend, no doub about that.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 10:39 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2012 at 10:39 AM

PhilC is quite awesome.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 10:44 AM

I think PhilC and Dr. Geep were seperated at birth.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 11:07 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2012 at 11:08 AM

Agreed, Gareee... They are to mesh and education what Bagginsbill is to lighting. Thanks to all of you for allowing me to accomplish what I have.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 11:17 AM

Quote - I think PhilC and Dr. Geep were seperated at birth.

Two fine gents indeed. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 11:37 AM

And a true gentleman as well.

There really should be a Poser Hall of Fame with interviews etc., recording some of the history while memories are still relatively fresh.

See Kozaburo, etc. etc. etc. 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 1:35 PM

Oh yes. I rely heavily on PhilC's utilities. Hail Phil! Hail BagginsBill! Hail Dr Geep!

And let us not forget ODF, Phantom3d, ArtBee...

And Robynsveil who starts the discussion and gets things going.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

kirwyn ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 2:13 PM

No doubt about it.  PhilC is a class act.

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:48 PM

thanks Nanette, but PhilC, Geep and Bagginsbill are just the next league.

Once I'll play along, working on it :). Someday...

Don't forget to mention LaurieA

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quote - Don't forget to mention LaurieA

Why?  Her head is big enough as it is. ;) 

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:03 PM

Well, on that note, let me slink closer to the exit door before she makes her appearance.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:07 PM

LMAO!

My Store

My Gallery

Rance01 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:12 PM

Here, here to PhilC.  Many thanks for your scripts.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:53 PM · edited Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:56 PM

JAFO

You joined Rendo two days before I did. Although I lost my password-and rejoined-so I might have joined before you did :-)

Dang. I was at PFO before that- a board run by Willow- and I can't remember the guy's name.

Yay PhilC! There as long as I can remember with his genius!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 8:23 PM

Yeah, I'm a complete n00b at the side of you lot.  :P

My Store

My Gallery

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 8:51 PM

That's right young feller- show some respect fer us old codgers! :-)

Quote - Yeah, I'm a complete n00b at the side of you lot.  :P

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 11:34 PM

Agree.. :woot: PhilC and Mr.Geep :)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 2:20 AM

"Dang. I was at PFO before that- a board run by Willow- and I can't remember the guy's name." I want to say Grey? No idea if he was an alien.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 3:28 AM

I think that was the name. Gray (Grey) and Willow.

Quote - "Dang. I was at PFO before that- a board run by Willow- and I can't remember the guy's name." I want to say Grey? No idea if he was an alien.

JAFO ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 9:51 AM

@Eric... i was here for quite awhile before changing my member name to JAFO mostly lurking.... ironically i changed names because i was using my "real" name for posts...LOL

to get back OT i bought PhilC's poser toolbox back in the day, i got impatient when my own lack of understanding of the product got me into a tizzy and i emailed Phil, thinking i had been ripped off, with a few choice words demanding a refund... he had every right to fire back at me to defend himself against a subordinate unwarented attack... thats not what happened at all.... he sat down and wrote a personalised tutorial explaining the whole process to me from A-Z leaving no room for error in words even a novice could understand he also let me know hes on his own... just him no staff no help whatsoever, and if i needed further help with anything to drop him an email he'd be happy to help... you gota respect that kind of patience and understanding.. i have read Phil's posts over the years and not once have i seen him show any form of rudenedss to noobies no bigheaded "IM THE MAN" dont bother me with these trivialities, only patience and guidance for those who come here for quick precise direct to the point information... sure its 'in the manuel' but most often easily overlooked sometimes hard to understand.... i look up to the man, he and others like him are the reason i have remained a diehard  follower of this forum...

werent you suposed to be doing something?

JAFO

Y'all have a great day.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 9:54 AM

If we are to create PhilC tribute renders, I want to know where to buy a beard like that for M4...would also work great in ZZ Top or Grandpa and Daisy Mae scenes. The girls do have a whole host of Dasiy Mae outfits. But Grandpa has no really long beard that I know of.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 2:16 PM

Heck, I've only been here 10 years (12/01), and in all that time, I've wondered...is that his real beard?...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 3:00 PM

Perhaps Phil is training for the "Whisker Wars"?

PhilC and Dr.Geep  have shown over the years what real Gentlemen are. Both have vast skills in Poser which they freely share.  I have never seen them belittle or embarrase anyone.  They are  teasures and should be treated with the same  respect I have seen them give, over the years, to everyone else.

IMHO

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 3:01 PM

Amen

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 4:19 PM

When I first discovered Poser and Renderosity, Doc and PhilC were two of the first names I saw here.  

There was one of Doc's tutorials here and, thanks to that and reading a post or two by PhilC, I realized I could get a grasp of Poser.

So you have them both to blame for my presence here.  :) 

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.