Mon, Sep 23, 7:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: Start in Poser 9 directly with the new Victoria weight mapped character

Vigne33 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:01 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 8:30 PM

Start in Poser 9 with the Victoria weight mapped character directly.

I am 1 week-beginner with Poser 9. I know now the basic ways to work with a character. I want to start ditectly with V4 weight mapped loaded from RunTime DNA. Do I need only the V4WM package for the Victoria Character or do I need also the standard V4.2 package?
The first package V4WM contains 4 zipped folders as following :

Photobucket

** I guess that this first package can be installed in Poser 9 through the Content Window and loaded in Downloads folder (and not in Poser 9 library).**
** I loaded also the standard V4.2 package from DAZ 3D but this package contain 3 applications as following:**

Photobucket

Do I need this package? And how is it synchronized with Poser 9 and V4WM?
Additional question : is it recommended to load Victoria 4.2  in the default Poser Runtime to avoid the slowness of the program?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:08 PM

Install the package from DAZ in accordance with the DAZ instructions.

Then install the weight mapped package in accordance with the instructions included in that.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:19 PM

You must have V4 already installed into your runtime first, the installers are not needed at all.  Now the WM zip content can be placed in any runtime of your choice, as long as all the zipped content are kept together.

For Poser, only the V4 Poser Installer is necessary; one belongs exclusively for DAZStudio (it has DS in the title) and the other is the powerloader which is also exclusive to DAZStudio.  V4 does not necessarily need to be in the main Poser runtime, but if you purchase additional morph packages in the future, they must be installed into the same place.

Vigne33 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 3:32 AM

Quote - You must have V4 already installed into your runtime first, the installers are not needed at all.  Now the WM zip content can be placed in any runtime of your choice, as long as all the zipped content are kept together.

For Poser, only the V4 Poser Installer is necessary; one belongs exclusively for DAZStudio (it has DS in the title) and the other is the powerloader which is also exclusive to DAZStudio.  V4 does not necessarily need to be in the main Poser runtime, but if you purchase additional morph packages in the future, they must be installed into the same place.

What is the V4 Poser installer, where is it? I have to click on the ps_pe069_Victoria.exe file? and then there will be questions about installation of Victoria in Poser 9?

Thank you for your patience,

Robert

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 8:59 AM

That is the exact file: ps_pe069_Victoria.exe.  Go through the usual installation process.

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 9:48 AM

If I remember correctly, you don't need power loader or the DS file if you're only using Poser and not Daz Studio.  Am I right?  

...... Kendra

Vigne33 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 9:49 AM

file_477855.JPG

> Quote - That is the exact file: ps_pe069_Victoria.exe.  Go through the usual installation process.

I have started the application ps_pe069_Victoria.exe. After having agreed and selected  Poser (all files) application, unfortunately I had an error message from Windows  as shown in attached file Error reading INI file. What it means, is my loaded Victoria file from DOZ3D corrupted? or is there something else?

My computer : hp Pavilion dv9700 notebook PC , Windows Vista SP2, 32 bits

Thanks for your help,

Robert

PS : I have just made a message to DOZ3D support service.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 9:57 AM

No need for the support because it has been a reported issue here in the forum. 

Create a folder in the exact path shown in the error message, and using a text editor create a dummy dzInstall.ini.  Place the dummy file in the end folder specified in the error (DAZ).  Rerun the Vicky installer. 

Vigne33 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 10:44 AM

file_477860.JPG

> **Quote -****No need for the support because it has been a reported issue here in the forum. ** > > **Create a folder in the exact path shown in the error message, and using a text editor create a dummy dzInstall.ini.  Place the dummy file in the end folder specified in/ the error (DAZ).  Rerun the Vicky installer. **

Do I make well?

I created a text file (empty,  ie. the dummy file?) denominated dzInstall.ini, then I put this file in the last folder of the path indicated in the error window ie. DOZ .

My attached files 1/  before the modification

2/ after the modification,

Is it allright?

Robert

Vigne33 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 10:46 AM

file_477861.JPG

> Quote - > **Quote -****No need for the support because it has been a reported issue here in the forum. ** > > > > **Create a folder in the exact path shown in the error message, and using a text editor create a dummy dzInstall.ini.  Place the dummy file in the end folder specified in/ the error (DAZ).  Rerun the Vicky installer. ** > > **Do I make well?** > > **I created a text file (empty,  ie. the dummy file?) denominated dzInstall.ini, then I put this file in the last folder of the path indicated in the error window ie. DOZ .** > > **My attached files 1/  before the modification** > > **2/ after the modification,** > > **Is it allright?** > > **Robert**

The attached file before modification

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 11:00 AM

Yes.  The pwerloader file is not necessary for Poser.

Vigne33 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quote - Yes.  The pwerloader file is not necessary for Poser.

Yes I got well from you but I tested the application to see whether this one worked...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.