Wed, Oct 23, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 69.00 price

Shavala ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:46 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 6:32 AM

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I used poser. I use Poser 4 very intermittently, mainly for characters in Bryce 7 renders.

I saw Pro 2010 on amazon for 69.00 and was suprised at the low price.

Is there a reason it is so low?

It seems like this is an excellent deal, especially upgrading from Poser 4...!

Well, just looking for some feedback

Thanks!

Shavala

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yep clearing out the old version disks

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

DustRider ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:30 AM

Great deal, and a huge upgrade compared to P4! If you have a 64bit OS, 2010 will be an even sweeter upgrade. It will also put you in line for the upgrade price to Pro 2012, which looks to have some real nice features (still saving up for it).

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Shavala ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:30 AM

Thanks!. That is great info!

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 7:14 AM

Plus it should get you the upgrade price to the next version of PP (hopefully not for a couple of years 😉 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 9:12 AM

Be aware, you will be in for a steep relearning curve with is Pro version.  Everything you liearned in P4 will be undone instantly.  You will need time to search the forum for tips and tricks as well as getting your head wrapped around gamma correction, IDL, and working with less lights rather than more.  It is a good intermediate learning app in the series, but nothing compared the current release. 

Shavala ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 1:30 PM

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it, shavala

moogal ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 6:19 PM

You could still do everything the way you are used to if you want, but you won't be taking advantage of as many improvements.  I actually think Poser would be far easier to learn now than it was then.  Things work more intuitively, so I still find myself doing stupid things out of habit which are no longer necessary.  I feel I am constantly un-learning old versions because Poser now works so much better in every area.  I can only begin to list the improvements over that time...  Firefly... morph brushes... area render... so many little things everywhere.

Shavala ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 11:47 PM

Well, I have received and installed Pro 2010. Everyone is 100% correct on the steep learning curve and options, tools and everything else to learn. I will be reading posts, going through the PDF manuals and getting to know this incredible program. any one who can afford the excellent price and is using older Poser software ( I use Poser 4), this is a great way to learn about lightning and render options. 

Vially ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 1:26 PM

Yeah I just upgraded to 10 myself - and am finding that everything is lists as P7, P8, PP2012... Skipping right over PP10.

One can only "assume" (i HATE doing that) that if the article is for PP12, some semblance of it might pertain to PP10.

P.S... My copy was $55.00 from Amazon... but Smith Micro, refuses to accept my serial to allow me to update it... I can register it, but the update just refuses to happen (Invalid serial.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.