Sun, Sep 22, 6:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Background Images and Rendering in PP2012

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 12:00 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:32 AM

file_477964.jpg

Is there a CLEAR tutorial out there on how to get the background images you want to render over behave?  Mine keep having the preview window grey crud on the sides because I can't get the image to resize.  I am able to do it in Poser 7, but I can't get it to work in Poser Pro and the manual is a joke when it comes to this area.  Most of the tutorials are vauge.  I want to import any one of my random backgrounds bought here and make the output file be a certain size.  However, no matter what I do I can't get Poser to resize the background to fill up the window.  I USED to be able to...but I'm at a loss.  Please, step by step instructions...anyone? Or am I just doomed to have to render and then cut out the crud in photoshop?  I will attach a picture of what I don't want!

I have been importing, saying yes to resize, then going in to dimensions, hitting match document size, and then from there inputting what I want as far as size and resolution with autoconstrain attached.  I'm just trying to do 150 dpi.  The background picture is 2400 x 3000.  This used to work for me very well in 7....I'm so tired I can't think anymore... :(   

Thank you!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 1:11 AM

There might be, Shannon.

My take is this: use a panorama obj. I have a freebie one you're welcome to. I display clouds and stuff thus:

Seaside

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

vitachick ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 3:43 AM

Same problem here. What I do now is open wall plane and apply the background as a texture...Doing it this way you will also be able to add light reflection.

See my post entitled 'Backgrounds'!!!

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 7:45 AM

Use a rectangle prop. I am in mountains and my internet is super slow so you will have to find the threads yourself.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 5:00 PM

file_477984.jpg

Which version of Pro are you using? The Original Pro, Pro 2010 or Pro 2012? I just rendered the following two images using import background and resize preview to match the imported background dimensions. Then I set render dimensions to match the preview window and then resized the render dimensions down using constrain proportions and it worked just fine to me. Where are you setting the 150DPI settings at?

Original Size:

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 5:01 PM · edited Sat, 28 January 2012 at 5:02 PM

file_477985.jpg

Both images look the same size in the forum because the forum resizes automatically.

Shrunken with Constrain:

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 5:36 PM

Ignore that question about which version of Pro. Doh! It was in the thread title. The resizing I did was in Pro 2012 as well though and no grey on the sides.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 12:08 AM

If you don't want to composit the final product, you can float the render viewport and resize it to fit the size of the background image.  The one square prop is still the best way of doing it.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 1:36 AM

Attached Link: http://www.drgeep.com/p4/bg/bg.htm

Or take a lesson from Doctor Geep over at Poser University....

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hum great advice.  Didn't ever have Poser University show up when I searched.  Thank you!

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 7:53 PM

Ok so happy to say I tried both the primative prop and that worked OK and I also undocked my preview window and this apparently was the problem.  I just left most of the settings for the menus as is, but undocking it helps a whole lot.  Thanks everyone for the information and help and prop :)  I appreciate it.  I've fallen totally in love with Poser Pro 2012 and have all but abandoned my poor Daz Studio 4 Advanced LOL.  Glad I didn't sink a lot of money into Genesis.

It would be nice if there was a real Poser University though....one where I could go and learn.  I find myself too distracted to learn from tutorials these days as work seems to take up a lot of time.  They act like they pay me to show up ROFL :)

Thanks again everyone.   

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 8:47 PM

Well while there may not be a real Poser University, Doc Geep has a mighty fine immitation of one. Check out the rest of his tutorials here:

http://www.drgeep.com/NPU/Directories/dir01-08.htm

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 8:56 PM

Excellent!  Thanks.

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 9:23 PM

I also found that if I resize the window and import a picture that if I scale everything up I don't have all those pesky problems with huge background and iddy bitty V4.  It was a little rough on me figuring it out...but my pic turned out great and exactly what I wanted.  I also got the single prop prim and texture to work and was able to scale that up and down with the information here and at the Poser site linked here.  You all have made my work much easier and me much happier :)  I can't thank you all enough!

Poser Pro 2012 just freakin rocks.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.