Fri, Sep 20, 7:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Shooting Gallery

deci6el ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 8:58 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 3:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sleepingwiththelion.com/project.html

Step right up and take a shot! I've been spreading my self-valued opinion all over the forums for a while and thought I should finally get something in the galleries so someone can take a crack at me. There are three pictures from some previz boards I did using Bryce4, Poser4, and Painter6. There's a link to more pictures from that project.

HomerForPrez ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 11:53 AM

Excellent work...how did you create the fire in all the pictures? Looks great!....I love the picture of the house during winter...with the people outside...reminds me of a SWAT game I play on my computer...looks so cool!

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 1:54 PM

Thanks, very much. Because it was a job and not a Bryce challange I wasn't at all careful about mixing medias. So, in the case of the fire (exploding building) it was taking waaay too long to get what I needed only using Bryce so I prerendered volume clouds and composited them in Painter6 and did some paint work on top of it all. Thanks again for checking it out.

HomerForPrez ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 3:36 PM

Oh what a cool idea...never used painter 6 but I can use it at my school...I may have to try that. You haven't ever seen any toturials for creating fire in the method have you?

deci6el ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 1:48 AM

Being slightly impatient I don't delve into tutorials too much. Not because I have any lack of need to learn, I'm more apt to hack at my own solution before taking the time to read. As for fire, you'll see a few frames at the above link where I had a wharehouse that was on fire. In painter I had a flame brush (which is just a predifined flame shape) that when used is additive so that as the brush builds up, it tends to get brighter. A lot of paint programs in their effort to emulate paint tend to combine color subractively, which works well when that's what you want. The fire brush in painter must have a corallary in Photoshop. Define your flame shape and paint away using an additive compositing method. As for doing it all in Bryce I've never been completely satisfied with the results. Some textures do a fabulous job but only get you 85% there. Historically, I am a compositor and have no allegience to any one tool. Start with what you like but use whatever you need to make it right. That's an old compositor's motto I just made up. cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.