Sat, Sep 21, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What about a new Hot 20 ???

LuckyLook ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 2:52 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

After discussing and debating in the "complaint & debate" forum, it appears that the Hot 20 is more a "Thumbnails Hot 20". Why not create a Hot 20 based on a button or a checkbox near the pic (like : "Vote for this pic for the Hot20"). Today, when you click on a thumb, even if the pic decieves you, you have "voted" for it. The result : misleading thumbs get a huge amount of clicks and... reach higher places in the Hot20 than fantastic pieces of artwork !

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:07 PM

That's an interesting twist. I'm interested in hearing other's opinions on this suggestion.

Dave71 ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 4:58 AM

I like that idea, I have been deceived many times by a thumb only to find the pic utterly bulls###, a vote button would enable more acurate Hot20 results, as long as you could only vote once and not for your own picture so that the system can't be abused.

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 12:33 PM

Thank you for the new button on the gallery images! No longer will it matter if a thumbnail entices. The image will matter. This could mean the Hot20 might actually have some meaning! :)

rcook ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 12:50 PM

We'll see I suppose. It'll take about a week for the old data to time out and the new "votes" to take over.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 8:40 PM

Stupid question here...but what makes an image qualify for the Hot20 in the first place? (can you tell I haven't been here long?) I notice some new images have a button to vote and some don't.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 9:42 PM

There are no qualifications. Every image should have a button, except for your own.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.