Thu, Sep 19, 3:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: looking for links

deadman67 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 2:34 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:47 AM

is there any good links were i can get VUE content thanks.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 2:56 PM

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

deadman67 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 3:29 PM

thanks but i'm talking about other sites theres not much here and i am looking for more Materials

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 4:27 PM

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

deadman67 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 5:24 PM

thanks i am just getting back into using Vue

phey ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 8:19 PM

Geekatplay has stuff as does Diviantart

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 9:42 AM

I think ShareCG might also have some Vue stuff

phey ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 1:05 PM

I also think that New World Art Digital also has obj's that maybe able to be imported into Vue. But I am not sure. As I can't do that yet, soon but not yet.

Paul J

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 7:50 PM

Some versions of Vue can import OBJ.  That is the format Vue imports best with actually.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:53 AM

The entire world of 3G warehouse with millions of models, many of very high quality is yours to pick from.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

Renderholic ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 3:27 AM

Quote - The entire world of 3G warehouse with millions of models, many of very high quality is yours to pick from.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

These don't seem to be in a format usable in Vue.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 4:04 AM

DAE is hit and miss with Vue.  But that is always with free models no matter what the format is.

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 8:11 AM · edited Fri, 27 January 2012 at 8:18 AM

VUE can open DAE files but it doesn't always work. That it is not Sketchup's fault all Dae files at 3Dwarehouse always open in C4D without problem. However just download Sketchup 8 (free) here
http://sketchup.google.com/download/gsu.html

And Tig's OBJexporter here,
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=33448  (you must register before you see the file but its free)

And you are ready to go. Sketchup is handy to have anyway as you can have a quick look at the model without downloading it. (saving it on disk I mean)

After you have placed the OBJexporter.rb in the plug-in directory it will appear under the file menu.

Vue to my knowledge never has problem with obj files.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 3:14 PM

vintorix,

I just noticed that Vue no longer imports SketchUp files.  When did this start?  Or does E-on want us to buy their SketchUp module now?  Back in the day, I used SketchUp 6 with a plugin that exported OBJ.  Barely worked though.  Will give this version 8 at try.  Nothing else to do this afternoon while watching Fight Club.

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hi Shawn!

Novadays is different. Tif's obj export is rock solid. It isn't as in the old times! ;) And whatever happened to Vue skp import I don't know but it never worked anyway so they gave it up I guess.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 6:47 AM

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

impish ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hi,

Lots of sites to look through in my Vue links directory - some of which have materials.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.