Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: * Free Model *

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 4:21 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:36 PM

Attached Link: example : naboo palace free direct download.

file_478463.jpg

hi all ! if you don't know yet, here http://www.rodluc.com you can download many free models, specially medieval castles and buildings, many with direct link to donwload.

all models have also the OBJ format useful for you, poser lovers !! ;)

Rodluc. 

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 4:25 AM

Beautiful stuff! Very generous.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 4:31 AM

Wow, it looks amazing. I'm downloading it now - just wondering if Poser will choke on this size file. I'll load and see... this is a very generous thing you've done, Luca: thank you! 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 4:51 AM

Thank you for sharing your great models. 

Just one point to note, for people who have slow internet connection: the file is 160 MB, according to website.

Eternal Hobbyist

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 6:44 AM

you are welcome... i have no skill in Poser, so i don't know hoe the obj looks in poser... maybe some remap would be necessaire...

rodluc. 

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 6:56 AM

I'll let you know - you've been more than generous, rodluc. Looking forward to your castle-generator utility (that's if I understood what was written on your site correctly) 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 7:17 AM

that's if I understood what was written on your site correctly

:) i know, my english in simply "globish", but you undestood correctly ;) 

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 7:21 AM

Good grief! That's awesome looking stuff. Thanks - hope I can do it some justice. Such unbridled generosity has kept me here for 13 whole years! Wow! Thanks again!

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thank you! It is beautiful. I just downloaded the file and I am off to play with it right NOW.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 12:01 PM

I wish to say "Thank You!", also!  You continue to create great architectural pieces, for people to play with.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

lornix ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 1:42 PM

Thank you very much for the download! If Poser doesn't like it then Blender certainly will :-). You do some excellent work.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 1:55 PM · edited Sun, 12 February 2012 at 1:58 PM

All of your models are gorgeous!!! thanks so much!!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

shorterbus ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 2:17 PM

Sweet!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 3:00 PM

merci beaucoup, rod.  for poser users, the naboo palace obj is 96.4 MB, which is considerable, but poser can render complex models, e.g. elele's benzo objs (~160 - ~200 MB).

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 4:28 PM

wow, that is wonderful.  Will it be okay to use your models in commercial renders though?  I never know what I might want to do with my renders in the future so I never download anything that has riders on its render use.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 6:58 PM

Oh yeah, haven't been there in a few years, but there were a lot of good buildings there. Don't worry about the English, I speak it poorly and I are one...;)

Have to go back and take another look. Thanks for the reminder...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

singanprayisme ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 12:11 AM

Thank you so much.  I don't use Vue yet and this will inspire me to learn it.  Your atwork is just the best.  Can't figure out why you aren't selling it but I am not complaining.  I tried to join but I couldn't figure out the language.  I have to go back with my translator.  Very generous of you. 

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 7:21 AM

Quote - Will it be okay to use your models in commercial renders though?  

yes, you can, take a look here : http://rodluc2001.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-again.html

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quote -   I tried to join but I couldn't figure out the language.  I have to go back with my translator.  Very generous of you. 

try here : http://rodluc2001.blogspot.com/2011/12/free-models-for-followers-and.html

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 7:33 AM

thanks very much for your answer.  Ie can use renders commercially providing one gives credit.

You are an awesome modeller.  Keep up the good work.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 8:44 AM · edited Mon, 13 February 2012 at 8:47 AM

file_478494.jpg

Here's a quick render with far too much IDL (I thought I had an image on the dome in this scene-ah well...).  I imported it at 100 % and scaled up to 1000% No shadows from the foreground towers because it's hanging off the edge of the ground plane.

The only thing I might add is that it would be nice if there were a mask for the windows so a reflective shader could be applied to the glass areas.

Thanx for the nice model! 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 10:25 AM

I saw one problem while importing the object into Poser.

In the entrance there is a door in one of the pillars. The poser import does not seem to like it and makes a triangular hole instead of a rectangual one.

But it does indeed look very nice and renders well in Poser

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 5:14 PM

Thank you so much :)  This is stunning!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.