Tue, Sep 24, 4:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 4:08 pm)

Subject: Model goes black after invisible?!

Seaking406 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 6:36 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:27 PM

I'm doing a lot of posing practicing with Poser 2012, currently using 3 models for a continuous scene story (getting the hang of it).. When the scene gets crowded and trying to select one model's body part, it can get convoluted and difficult to see what I'm doing so I make the foreground model 'invisible' until I'm finished posing the other model.. But this time, when I made the foreground model visable again, she came back all black instead of the regular skin tone in the preview screen.. but she renders properly.. 

I can't seem to find a way to get her skin tones back or figure out why she went all black after I brought her back from invisible? My only fix is to delete her from the scene and load her back up and start over again.

Any ideas how to get her colours back or what i might have done wrong in order to avoid this problem? (or is this a glitch with Poser?)

Cheers

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:27 PM · edited Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:28 PM

I've seen it. I usually save with a slightly different name and then reopen.... or if it's my model and texture... I just "reapply" it.

Never found a preventative measure.

I'll be interested to hear from the pro's/

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

Medzinatar ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sounds like related to OpenGL.  You should make sure that you have latest drivers for video adapter.

Also make sure that "Enable hardware shading" is checked under preview option (assuming your card will support that)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 10:53 PM

There's a weird display problem in P6, related to transparency, which sometimes means anything with a transmap disappears from the preview.  Changing the trans value and changing it back does the trick.  Maybe this problem is somehow related.  For all I know, they could both be OpenGL problems, as Medzinatar suggests.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 4:43 AM

If you do a Reload Textures from the Render menu, all the textures will re-appear

This seems to happen sometimes after hiding a figure, making it invisible or going to another display mode such as wireframe or smoothd.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:04 AM
Online Now!

I would opt for wimvdb suggestion first.  It is, perhaps, the simplest fix without rebooting Poser or reloading a figure.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:15 AM

You can also turn off HW Shading. That will prevent the problem as well - at a loss of the preview quality

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quote - If you do a Reload Textures from the Render menu, all the textures will re-appear

This seems to happen sometimes after hiding a figure, making it invisible or going to another display mode such as wireframe or smoothd.

Hadn't thought of that one! I'll give it a try should it happen again.. I will be installing a new vid card today (GTX 560Ti 2G) with hopes that all my OpenGL issues go away.. or most of them.. sigh.

Thanks for the info.. much appreciated..

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:46 AM
Online Now!

Just make sure you d/l the latest drivers from their website.  Drivers packaged with the hardware may already be outdated.

Seaking406 ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 1:40 PM

I resolved the problem with a new video card. Though all your suggestions do work when nothing else will, I found my previous AMD Sapphire 6950 (or it's drivers) being at the root cause of the problem. I replaced it with an MSI GTX 560 Ti 2GB Twin frozr II card and haven't had that problem since.. and it eliminated a lot of my other screen issues as well.. better card or better drivers? All I know is that the new card is soooo much better with Poser 2012.. and less expensive that the previous card..

Thanks to all who offered great advice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.