Sun, Oct 6, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Problem with Poser 9

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 1:12 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:26 AM

I just upgraded to Poser 9 today (including Sr 1). When I render IDL > SSS > Render,  it stops at SSS acting like it is done. But it doesn't fully render. Anyone know what could be causing this?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 1:37 AM

Did ya make sure you render to a separate process in your general preferences? :)

Laurie

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 1:52 AM

Oh.... nope. sighs I'll see if that helps lol

Amigo968 ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 6:10 AM

It would be also interesting to know how your render settings are, maybe you make a screen of this?

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:11 AM

Kim, folks in the chat room have found problems with SR1, you may want to uninstall it and see if Poser 9 is working properly...Jan

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:13 AM

personal experience with SR1 in PP2012 made me uninstall it again. caused several issues, ie WW2 was still flaky, render speed with IDL/SSS was up to a third slower etc.

other people had issues with preferences getting borked, libraries affected etc. hoping SP2 will be much better................ but in the meantime i am sticking with vanilla PP2012........

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:14 AM

be aware, uninstalling SP1 means that you have to reinstall P9 from original download or disc.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:24 AM

And if you have any hopes of using Poser Place WM-V4 scripts, you may be out of luck.  You must have SR1 installed for those scripts to work properly.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:32 AM

actually,the original WM-V4 scripts work perfectly fine in vanilla PP2012, as they were out BEFORE SR1 was issued.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 10:29 AM

I've been having some weird problems with PP 2012 in general...some things in my library show up twice, but not everything. I have problems with some figures (Miki 2) being turned into a pretzel with her own poses, which I'm sure were checked before being sold...lol. I haven't checked it in Poser 8 yet, but I'm thinking it's PP 2012. At any rate, I'm going to start writing down all the weird little things I run across and give the list to SM :P.

And yes, I'm using SR1.

Laurie

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 12:36 PM

I have been having some problems PP2012 too and I thought I would through out this little solution to one of them I found by accident. When I saved a pz3 file that had dynamic clothing on it under a new name (untitled2.pz3) and opened it, the clothes were crumpled into a ball on her head. I deleted the clothes and was going to start from scratch, but remembered that someone said you could just run the cloth room on it again to fix the problem. I hit "undelete" and the cloth came back perfectly. No more ball on the head without having to go through the calculations again. Might save someone some time.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

fonpaolo ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 1:33 PM

Untill now my P9 SR1 works well, I had some problems before SR1, at that time it was almost unusable.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 7:33 PM

Attached Link: The image :)

Thanks for all your input guys. Laurie what you said worked.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:01 PM · edited Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:01 PM

Quote - Laurie what you said worked.

Awesome! :) And the image is nice! I like it! :)

You can throw some pears and apples in with those oranges. I'm in the mood for some fruit :P.

Laurie

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:26 PM

lol! Sure thing Laurie :)

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:52 PM

Just to play devil's advocate...

SR1 solved a ton of problems for me... not the least of which were lags switching modes and a couple of render artifact issues. I've had none of the issues that the others are reporting.

For me, it's all good.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 9:58 PM

I haven't really had problems that I can attribute directly to SR1 in particular. I think the render is slow as molasses in January when skin is involved, but I'm sure I haven't found the optimal settings yet and I have no idea how fast or slow it was before the service release ;).

Laurie

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 10:33 PM · edited Thu, 16 February 2012 at 10:35 PM

Laurie...

It's not the skin that is rendering slowly... it's the SSS that slows things to a crawl. Are you using Snarleygribbly's EZSkin? If not, get it. It takes care of all skin related issues, including my favorite: gamma correction.

There are three modes offered: Draft, preview and final. Use preview for all renders except closeups. You'll never see the difference, and it will save loads of render time.

Also, under "Advanced Options," set SSS Quality to 40%. Again, unless it's a closeup, you'll never see the difference, and it'll bost your render times by about 50%.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 7:18 AM

...and to get rid of that "wax" effect on the skin?

I know there's a solution, but I have to find it from reading a gazillion of posts!

(not only in this forum) :(

Please...

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 7:58 AM

Quote -  At any rate, I'm going to start writing down all the weird little things I run across and give the list to SM :P.

And yes, I'm using SR1.

Get them in quick, because they are already testing SR-2.

I have one I need to write up, myself....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.