Thu, Sep 19, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Copy P8 Memory Dots to P9?

Ometeotl ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 9:49 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

Hello,

I'm just setting up my newly installed P9 and I wonder if there is a way to "copy and paste" my memory dots (and ui settings) from my P8? 

Thank you,

Ome

*off to an overdue runtime spring cleaning *

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 11:10 AM

In P6 the pose dots are just pz2 files and the camera dots are just cm2 files, so yes they can be copied. In P6 the dots live under "Runtume/dots. I think it is likely that later versions also use pz2 and cm2 (or compressed versions) for the pose and camera dots. The other dots are xml files, and might be more likely to be version specific.

Rance01 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 1:29 PM

Running Poser 7 here on Windows 7, and the folder C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingPoser 7English has a "dots" folder along with a Poser UI Prefs_1440x900.xml file.  I'm not sure the dots are stored in the Runtimes/dots folder anymore.

Rªnce

Ometeotl ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I tried to copy the AppData...English folder but it didn't work.

So I recreated my P8-UIs with screenshots. It was faster than I expected, so I solved this little task in the traditional way (c:

Rance01 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 6:40 PM

Cheater ;).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.