Tue, Sep 24, 4:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 4:08 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012 Animation

Seaking406 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 6:08 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 4:21 PM

I'm dabbling into the animation side of PP2012, and seem to be having problems sorting things out. I found a few tutorials online, and though they can get you started, they come short to explain how do most of I'm looking, and I'm ending up with some unusual results. Rendering one person isn't too bad but when you add an additional character to the scene, this is when things go goofy, for lack of a better word.

While I'm still searching for more tutorials online (suggestions welcomed), may I pose a few questions?

With character A is the principle in the scene and character B is the secondary, I'm trying to do a short anim where B stands still, and A is swinging an arm towards B.. obviously B won't move until shoved. While I can basically get A to do what needs to be done, it's the character B that is giving me problems. How can I get B to move just at the moment B gets shoved, and not before. I'm missing something obvious but inserting key frames isn't working for me. Eventually, B turns out reacting long before the shove (say at frame 30) and then turns out looking like something coming out of John Carpenter's The Thing (original version ;)

I checked out a tutorial about the sine wave in keyframe editor but I see no sine way to adjust or manipulate on anything or does that just work on the morphs (nostril flare tutorial)..

Also trying to find out how to get the anim to finish off to the start (frame 1) position so it would loop properly.

Thanks in advance.. hoping to find some tutorials and / or advice on this subject..  

Cheers

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quote - How can I get B to move just at the moment B gets shoved, and not before. I'm missing something obvious but inserting key frames isn't working for me. Eventually, B turns out reacting long before the shove (say at frame 30)

You'll need to use the spline break options and additional keyframes to make sure that figure B doesn't a) move until you want it to, and b) you don't get odd movement due to overshoot on the spline interpolation.

Seaking406 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 7:45 PM

thanks, that does make sense but I don't seem to be able to see any splines what so ever to make adjustments to..  when I click on the red spline symbol, the window pops up but there is nothing displayed in the window as the tutorials suggest there would be. I must be missing something. Once I have that sorted out, I hope the rest falls into place.. 

Thanks again!

shellysummers ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 6:57 AM

The one thing that i do is I make the frame befor the movement linear. "only a frame if you want." I just highlight the whole body and tell it linear. If you put it in after the animation. It will still be moving so you need to toss that in before you go threw the animation. 

shellysummers ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 7:04 AM

Ow I forgot to mention. After that frame lets say 29. On 30 i put it back to being green. So it has a more natural look to the animation. 

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 7:59 AM · edited Thu, 08 March 2012 at 8:06 AM

file_479238.png

(click image for larger view)

Perhaps the above image will help.

Interpolation styles and keyframes can also be set from within the Graph Editor.

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 8:17 AM

Great image Les.  There's another thread about animation floating about, and this picture goes a long way in explaining the Poser Animation Palette.

TheOwl ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67658

You can download my freebie which is an animated M4 pose, the way I used the keyframing there is quite basic but it may help you understand how to animate. I also suggest to try using the graph editor.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 5:53 PM

Hi

I Created some video tutorials for beginners

two years ago that may be relevent

POSER ANIMATION

cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quote - Hi

I Created some video tutorials for beginners

two years ago that may be relevent

POSER ANIMATION

cheers

Superb! JUST what I've been searching for!.. and as you mentioned in your first tutorial installment, I'd been doing the animation posing in the 'bad' way, not fully understanding what the palette and graph were for.. 

Thanks again!! I'll be watching the other tutes tonight..

cheers M8

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 9:03 PM

file_479272.jpg

(PP2012) I think I'm missing something on my graph pallete.. where there should be a row of frame numbers (from which to select keyframes), none exist except 1 at the far left.. but nothing after that..or am I missing something in the set up?

Sorry folks, my RTFM skills suck on this one.. =(  I really want to learn how to do this, I'm patient.. but erhm... slow..

thanks for your patience..

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 9:40 PM · edited Thu, 08 March 2012 at 9:42 PM

Poser does that sometimes, either drag the right side of the scroll box to the right (above the green spline button), or select a different parameter in the parameter window then switch back to the one you want.

The scroll box has 3 areas to drag, left and right to set the range, and center to just scroll.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Seaking406 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 10:00 PM

well how about that.. I had to shut down poser 2012 and restart it and there we go.. looks like all the tutes and samplers I've seen elsewhere.. I think I ended up with that no numbers problem by accidently deleting a bunch of munged up frames and starting over again by adding 120 frames.. I guess the palettes don't like that..

Now, onward and forward with some learnin'..

A long time ago I used to work with an anim software (on the Amiga) that had a neat feature called "ping pong".. You would set your pose as you wanted it at the first frame and copied it to the last frame.. no matter what you did in between, it would 'tween from the first to the last frame.. excellent for those repetitive clips like somone bouncing a ball, tapping on a door and doing something extra in the middle of it all.. can poser also do something like that?

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 4:33 AM

file_479284.jpg

Hi I am Glad you find my tutorials useful. Also be aware you  can download all of the poser animation videos to watch later at you leisure from the download link under the videos.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Rance01 ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 7:11 AM

I think you have to join or login to download videos ...

I did pass a link on to your tutorials in another animation thread here at Renderosity.  Thanks for sharing.

Seaking406 ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quote - Hi I am Glad you find my tutorials useful.
Also be aware you  can download all of the poser animation videos to watch later at you leisure from the download link under the videos.

Cheers

Very helpful indeed.. Thanks again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.