Sun, Oct 6, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Coming Back

SteveJax ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quote - > Quote - Bicker Bicker Bicker...I haven't even approached bicker. I don't have the time or the interest.

That was directed at me and I was not bickering just calling BS.

edit to ask why when you quote someone it does not add the quote name?

I was just being my contentious old self. Nothing against anyone....As for the quote, it's never worked that way here.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Bicker Bicker Bicker...I haven't even approached bicker. I don't have the time or the interest.

That was directed at me and I was not bickering just calling BS.

edit to ask why when you quote someone it does not add the quote name?

I was just being my contentious old self. Nothing against anyone....As for the quote, it's never worked that way here.

I've been away for a few months and couldn't remember if it did or didn't. I don't get reply ebots even though it's checked. I do get them from a couple of older threads that just got resurrected. Oh well. Same old, same old with a few new twists.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 12:56 AM

Quote - I don't get reply ebots even though it's checked. I do get them from a couple of older threads that just got resurrected.

It's probably because the ebots are now in your spam folder ;). Apparently Rendo's been put on a spam list again. Happened to me just a couple weeks ago - all of a sudden my ebots dried up. All in my Gmail spam folder...lol.

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 4:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - I don't get reply ebots even though it's checked. I do get them from a couple of older threads that just got resurrected.

It's probably because the ebots are now in your spam folder ;). Apparently Rendo's been put on a spam list again. Happened to me just a couple weeks ago - all of a sudden my ebots dried up. All in my Gmail spam folder...lol.

Laurie

That said: gotta LOVE gmail! Beats all other options to horse patooties.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 1:27 PM

No not spam. First thing I checked. Re did my settings and seem to be working again except with this thread now. I can live with that. Sorry for the ot.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quote -
I just upgraded Poser 7 to Poser 2012 for $129.99 in the half off sale. 

If you are going to create content, Poser 2012 is definitely the way to go.  Poser 9 doesn't allow you to create weight mapped items - just use them.

From another post (the half off link):

http://my.smithmicro.com/marcom/eblasts/poser/20120303/index-web.html

OT: Thank you for this link! You just saved me $125 bucks, as I almost bought it last night for $249. Tricky, they are not advertising this price on their main site. 

Finally I've entered the 2012 realm of Poser. So much to learn from P7... 

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 6:14 AM

Quote - OT: Thank you for this link! You just saved me $125 bucks, as I almost bought it last night for $249. Tricky, they are not advertising this price on their main site. 

Speaking of malfunctioning e-bots, I've apparently stopped gettting newsletters from SmithMicro... :cursing:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 9:13 AM

Belated re-welcome from me, too.

Of course, if you ask your questions in a Poser forum, you will most likely get mainly Poser-centric replies.

Genesis seems like a good idea to me, but I take the view that I have enough figures to be going on with. Over the last year, I've used Victorias 1 through 4; Aiko 3; Stephanie 3; P5 Judy; P7 Sydney; Olivia G2 and of course Antonia. I even did some renders with men in them, chiefly James and Simon, although I did drag Michael 3 out of the library for a project that didn't work out. My avatar is still based on Michael 2, and probably always will be. Meanwhile, Mankahoo's free Angela, Kez, Apollo, Stephanie 4 and Michael 4 - among others - languished in my "to do" list. 

All these people have their good and bad points, but nothing that a bit of postwork or creative camera angles can't cure. At no point did I find myself thinking "I really need a new figure, that will [whatever Genesis does]" I don't really care. I have pictures to make, and since I don't want to enter the pixel colour values by hand, I'll need a labour saving program or several. :)

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thanks again for the new replies.  I'm sorry I have been so slow to say thanks I am not getting notifications from this thread and searching on this forum is...../sigh.

I come back and after about 5 minutes of looking for the thread, I'm like pee on it, I'll go do something productive lol.

I did get poserpro2012.  It feels like a whole new program to learn.  Well not so bad I suppose at least I am familiar with the controls.  But there were a few things that were not so easy.  

Like installing - I download about 10 zips with the install, no info where to put them.  Then when I install it kept telling me that it didn't find those zips.  So I tried putting them in the same folder, extracting in the same folder...etc.  Reinstalling each time.  They are obviously content, and now I see it seems I am suppose to install them after installing.  Why not say that instead of giving me an error message like I did something wrong lol.

Then I'm not sure if I'm just stuck in my old ways or if I don't like the content tab.  At least I finally found it.  I guess I do too much of my work without enough coffee.  Either way I seem to remember liking being able to see the thumbnails right to the right of what I was doing.  On the other hand maybe I will like this better once I get used to it.  

Now I have to spend time today wading through these forums, trying to learn everything about weight mapping.  Aparently that is the new 'Ambient Occlusion' (read:  the new 'OMG must have')  

As for this thread, I suppose I'm going to book mark it.  Even though it's nearly run it's course - that way I can at least be polite and respond when someone responds to me :p

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2012 at 11:19 AM

Another former long time DS user here. I mainly used DS to get figures into Vue. I never went any further than DS2.3 as that was all I needed.

When I saw the promo images coming out of PP2012 I was gobsmacked and pre-ordered immediately. Nothing to regret there - I love my new Poser and would never go back to DS. In fact Vue is barely getting a look-in from me now even though one of my excuses for buying Poser was to better import figures to Vue.

As a totally new Poser user I found it very easy to figure out and use and if I get stuck there's actually a really helpful manual!

I found the Genesis figure to be an utter turn-off, so I don't miss the fact it doesn't work properly in Poser one bit.

Hope you enjoy your new Poser once you've figured it out! :)

Aletha ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 4:41 PM

I just started in the 3D world have Posers 7 did a trainning on it got the Daz 4 to check it out.

I am haveing trouble knowing what all is in a offer, I was wanting to buy a pack but it says:

Product Requirements: Genesis from Daz3D

I know the Daz 4 I just D.L. has some Genesis but don't see there names like posers M4, V4, etc. the requirements doesn't say what Genesis Model it needs.

I hate to buy something & not be able to use it.

Could someone explain this to me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Aletha

alethasfantasy@yahoo.com

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 7:20 PM

Genesis is the new figure from DAZ.  It only works properly in Studio, there is a kludge to get it going in Poser but by all accounts it's not great.

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Aletha ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:00 PM

Thank you.

With the new Daz4, if you bought something that said:

Product Requirements: Genesis from Daz3D

Would it work ?

It has a women, Man & a kid already in it wth no names for them, it does say something about Genesis, so I am guessing that they are Genesis.

Thanks, Aletha

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:09 PM

which product is it?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Aletha ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:23 PM

Here it is, I just Love it. lol

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dz-chippenmale-for-genesis/92035

Thanks, Aletha

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:36 PM · edited Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:38 PM

You should be safe, but it will only work in DS4. Genesis is included with DS4. Anything that says V5, M5, etc is extra and you'll have to buy those from Daz3D. Think of Genesis as the base you get with the software. Anything else - Victoria 5, Mike 5 - any of the animals for sale at Daz are morphs of Genesis.

Laurie

Aletha ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:40 PM

Awesome, Thank you so much, I am use to Print shop & 3 D is another new world to me. lol

Aletha

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.