Sun, Oct 6, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Trying to export BVH from aniblocks in DAZ to get them to Poser...having problem

JAG ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:23 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:37 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has a particular way to solve my dilemma. I have DazStudio 4 Pro and am trying to export AniBlocks animation presets in BVH format to get them into Poser2012.

I have figured out how to get a BVH of the block to import to Poser2012, but the hip of the character seems locked and does not import any data for it. In other words, all the movements import into Poser fine for all body parts but apparently the hip.  So I'm good except for the dang hip which doesn't seem to have any data present. 

I have read on the GoFigure site documentation that I should be able to right click and SAVE the block in DAZ to LEGACY format which might fix this hip lock problem, but when I right click, my save to legacy option never lights up for me to select as if it's disabled or inactive.

Is something amiss here? Am I stupid? Quite likely. I'm a poser-head and am lost on Studio completely. I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

It is possible that this option may be blocked.  I have not purchased AniMate, but it was my understanding that it was fully operational for a trial period in the DSPro4 version, so I should have full access.  If this is incorrect, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

JAG ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:57 PM

I am apparently running the LITE version...is this my problem?  Does buying full version allow the saving to legacy format?  And will this fix the hip freeze in my BVH exports?

patslash ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 7:07 PM

Hello Jag,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your issue, but I believe you could have more luck posting in the D|S section you can find here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12452 

:)

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:15 PM

what format are the aniblocks before importing into DAZ? may be possible to convert without using DAZ?im not familiar with the program been forever since i even tried DAZ, but can daz scenes be ported to poser or other programs with animations intact?... just digging for more info...

:O)

Y'all have a great day.

mihoshi1de ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 6:33 AM

I think I've read somewhere that the hip is handled different in DAZ then Poser, but I can't remember where and what this was about...

JAG ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2012 at 11:44 PM

Apparently the hip lock problem was because I was using Genesis to export the BVH file with.  I installed my V4.2 to the DAZPro4 library and used her with the aniblock instead of Genesis and then exported the BVH and it works pretty good now.  Still got some hand issues, but the hip and body parts move correctly now.  So it is possible to put the AniBlocks to use using the base program.

Figured I'd post that since nobody else seems to have a clue other than me. 

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2012 at 1:23 AM

wolf359 would be the expert. I thought you could export them as animated pose (pz2) files.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.