Sat, Sep 21, 11:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Boat needs home

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:12 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

file_206191.jpg

I've made this boat, but have nowhere to upload it. I need someone to host it for download. It's a simple boat with a fairly large file size,- 765kb, just simple colors. It has a rudder, no need in a rowboat, but I may someday turn it into a small sailboat.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 4:09 AM

Nice boat, did a very good job. Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 4:44 AM

Hi Kurka! I'd be glad to host it for you and put it in the Free Stuff, as it really looks great. :) Is this a VOB, or other? If you'd like me to host it for you, please zip it, along with any usage restriction text, and email it to me at: mowenj@mediaone.net and I can get it into the Free Stuff by the end of the day. Thanks alot!

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 7:59 AM

Thanks, Guys, By the way, it's a VOB.

riversedge ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 9:18 AM

This is a really cool boat! Is it to 'scale'? Looks like about 14 - 15' long. By the way, there was a very nice tutorial on the Rhino/Renderosity forum recently on how to make a lapstrake or clinker type boat hull. It was very ingenious and generally instructive and might have some application to other kinds of software. Just thought you'd like to know.

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 10:41 AM

No. It's not to scale. Just started it to experiment with Amapi's hull surfaces. Just my idea of what a boat looks like. Next time I'll actually will use some reference material.

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 11:34 AM

Looks pretty boat-y to me... :) Very nice...

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 12:37 PM

Hi Kurka, Thanks for the boat model! I got your email and will put it in Free Stuff, but that won't be until a little later. For all I know, you may not even see this message until after I've posted it.... Thanks again. :)

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:02 PM

Wonderful work, Fernando! Thanks very much for sharing it with us all! :D

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:07 PM

Yeah... if I can manage it soon enough. Ever since &^$%#^#*& AT&T bought out Media One, my ISP, it's been one problem after another. NOW, the new problem is that there's something wrong with the FTP upload. I just used it last Friday to upload smallspace's bridge VOB, but now it's down. Just spent a half hour waiting on hold for some tech geek to tell me, "Yeah, this is the 3rd call today we've had about this. I'll send a memo..." So, it may take more than a day. I've been planning on finding another web host anyway, so maybe now's the time.... I'll keep y'all posted.

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:52 PM

Don't worry about it, Mike. It'll get posted eventually.-Fernando

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 11:18 AM

Well, eventually came sooner than I had thought, and it's now in the Vue Free Stuff section, under "Objects". :) Thanks again, that really is a great rowboat!

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 12:40 PM

Thanks a million, Mike. I just realized that I have some free space at RoadRunner. I's struggling to figure out how to put it to use. FTP, etc. I have no idea. In the mean time, thanks,again.-Fernando.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 12:45 PM

Well, Kurka, that's MY problem too---ROADRUNNER! I don't know what your situation is, but here Media One owned Roadrunner, nad I thought that's the way it was everywhere. Then AT&T bought them out, remnamed it AT&T Broadband, and now the FTP doesn't work... Oh well, no problem, I found somewhere else to upload to. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.