Fri, Oct 4, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Help!... What's this?... I never saw this before!!!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 2:41 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:16 PM

Hi Everyone.

I suppose this is simple but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I just reinstalled Poser in Windows 8, I had it up and running before buy W8 crashed and I had to start all over.

Here's the problem....

As you can see on the right side where my libraries should be is an Adobe web page.

I can close it open Libraries again and it always comes back to this page instead of my Library Pallet.

How do I get out of this and have my libraries show.  I've never seen this before.

And why Adobe, it seems like it should at least be a Smith Micro web page. LOL

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

millighost ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 2:50 PM

Happened to me with 2010 when i started poser without having flash installed. Perhaps the crash damaged your flash (or AIR) installation and you should re-install it.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 2:52 PM

It's supposed to be showing you the Flash download page - where you would get Flash - because obviously you don't have it.

Unfortunately, the URL for that is at the whim of Adobe, and they either changed it or redirected you because you're running Windows 8? Which may not be supported yet?

Normally the Adobe Flash download page figures out what browser and OS you're on and redirects you to the version you should have. Maybe there is no version you should have and so Adobe is just doing a fall-back marketing page.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 4:03 PM

Which could literally mean that you will be down for quite awhile.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, I installed Flash Player 11 and it works now.

I didn't have a clue what was going on.

Mike

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 5:19 PM

Heh... just out of curiosity ......why are you running Win 8?

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quote - Heh... just out of curiosity ......why are you running Win 8?

Isn't win 8 version 8/7ths more awesome than win 7?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quote - Heh... just out of curiosity ......why are you running Win 8?

Why not ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 6:57 PM

It seems to cause him problems. This isn't the first time. Just curious.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 11:17 AM

Hi

I like beta testing, I beta test lots of stuff, almost every major online game since Asheron's call right through Everquest, Wow, War, Lord of the Rings, Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, DC Universe up to The Old Republic.

I was one of the original beta testers for Windows 7 (I used it as my main OS for over a year before it came out) and now I've been doing Windows 8 since developer preview.

I'm now running Consumer Preview.

I'm running Windows 8 on a second hard drive, and Windows 7 on my main hard drive.

My experience so far with Windows 8 is that once you get used to it, it's easy to use but different. It takes a while to figure out where everything is.

But there are features that I really like, one it the copy and paste function.

Today I merged my Runtime folders from my Windows 7 install of Poser to my Windows 8 install of Poser.

It scans the folder you are copying to, then shows you how many of the files are common between the two and asks you if want to copy over them or ignore them.

If you chose to ignore them it only copies in the new files and leaves everything else alone.

It then has a graphic that shows the progress as a graph, and shows the rate of transfer and the time left. You know if you have time to go get coffee. LOL

But mainly when I got back and work in Windows 7 it seems really slow.

At least on my computer Windows 8 is fast, boot time with everything installed is about 40 seconds as compared with a couple of minutes with Windows 7. I have over 100 pieces of software installed.

So far I'm not having a lot of compatibility issues, ATI came out with drivers that solved my OpenGL issues and now there is a flash player that works.

When I couldn't get my Lucy voice to work in TextAloud I contacted them and a few days later the sent my an updated Lucy voice that does work in W8 so gradually everything is getting solved.

All my games etc, seem to run great, but there are a lot of updates still coming through.

By the end of the year it should be good to go.

Mike 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.