Thu, Sep 19, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: How To Set Min Max Settings On Rotates On Props - Solved

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2012 at 5:17 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:57 PM

Hi all, just a quick question.

How do you set the min - max settings for rotations for props in Poser Pro 2012.

I have a lid, I want it to open to a set amount of degrees and have a default close setting.

Sense would say just do the min max settings and the lid should behave, but....

Nope, it ignores and just keeps going around in full rotations.

The default min would be 0 for closed and 200 degrees for a maximum open.

There has to be a way of doing this, so if someone would point me to the info or to a tutorial.

All the best.

LROG|

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2012 at 5:22 PM

you did remember to set limts to on for the scene?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2012 at 5:30 PM

And that was the one thing I forgot to click!!!!! LOL.

As usual it's the simple thing that trips me up. I was lookiong for something more complicated. LOL.

Thanks for the quick response, I can now go and find some glue to stick my hair back on with!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2012 at 5:55 PM

Double click the parameter dial to bring up its dialog.

Type in the min/max limits as required.

Then select the "Force Limits" check box at the bottom.

This will then ensure that the limits will not be exceeded irrespective of the scene settings.

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2012 at 6:35 PM

Phil. THANK YOU!

I've yet to make a mdel with moving parts myself.... but I've always wondered how to do it. I have purchased models and gotten Free models without the limits set. I thought it must be some magical Poser Voodoo.

You just yanked open the Wizard's Curtain. Short, consise, effective. I really appreciate it.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 4:02 AM

Hi all, back with another odd question.

Lid rotates fine, but how do I make the two pieces into a single item.

By that I mean, delete the lid, the bottom stays in the scene and I have to delete it seperatly.

Also does the same if I delete the bottom, the lid stays there.

The sections of the box were imported a 2 seperate items and saved as a single prop.

So, is it possible to get both of these to delete from the scene at the same time without doing a New.

All the best.

LROG

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 4:41 AM

you may have to regroup and rig, unless the lid is a different material.

if the lid  is a different material you can make a pose file to 'hide'it ( afaik)

or manually hide it in material room.

failing that, the lid and box must be grouped as separate 'parts' ( this is how Modo groups things) and the box/lid bones must be named to match the groups.

then you can delete the 'lid bone' in scene

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 5:01 AM

Parent the lid to the base.

Open the Hierarchy window.

Select the base.

Click the Create Figure button.

When prompted type in a name for the figure.

Click OK, it will then get saved to your primary Poser content library in a figure folder named New Figures.

Clear the scene.

Find the New Figures library folder and load the new figure.

Select the base and in its properties uncheck the "Bend" option.

Repeat for the lid.

Select the lid, open the joint editor and reposition the green axis to be at the hinge.

Set bending limits as before.

Hope that helps.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 7:02 AM

Thanks Phil, I'll try that out.

A true gent of the 3D world!!!!

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 7:51 AM

Tested and worked!!!!

All the best.

LROG

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2012 at 8:27 AM

Cool

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.