Sun, Oct 6, 5:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: File Error

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:03 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:45 AM

file_480170.jpg

Oh oh.

Okay, so I have this sculpt I've been working on.  A few hours every day after work.

Today I go to load it and I get this:

Am I completely hosed?  Is my hard work gone for good?

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:16 AM

In all my memory, I don't recall any way to survive this.  I only recall it occurring in situations that resulted poorly.

I myself have never rescued a file from this condition.  That's why I save a new file version of whatever I'm working on about every three hours.

-Kix

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:30 AM

I just did some searching and I found this:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=169070

And, it worked for me!

Apparently, the error can come from saving on exit as opposed to saving, then exiting.  If you add a dot z (example: file.car.z) to your file name, then open the file with something like 7-Zip (I used Winrar) it will inflate the file and then you can open that file.

It worked for me.  Hopefully anyone else who runs into problem will be able to find this little trick useful.

Literally saved me days of work.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:33 AM

@ Kixum.  Yeah, the multiple save thing is a good work habit.  I know better, but my older version was actually days old since I had neglected good practice for so long.

GKDantas ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:51 AM

Yes all files from Carrara (presets, scenes) are saved as a zip or something like that. The good idea is to always save uncompressed to avoid this kind of error message.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Kixum ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2012 at 9:44 AM

First, I'm super glad that you got your file back (rock on!).

Second, I always find it weird when problems like this are known but they don't be fixed.

Glad there was a solution.

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.