Wed, Sep 18, 2:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT: My Brother Died this Saturday in Florida!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2012 at 11:52 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:54 PM

For my 2nd oldest brother William Cox Dalzell Hoadley, who passed away today. He was 76:

"Thy glory, O Israel, is slain upon thy high places! How are the mighty fallen!"
"Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Ashkelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised exult."
"Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew or rain upon you, nor upsurging of the deep! For there the shield of the mighty was defiled, the shield of Saul, not anointed with oil. From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, the bow of Jonathan turned not back, and the sword of Saul returned not empty."
"Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely! In life and in death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions."
"Ye daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you daintily in scarlet, who put ornaments of gold upon your apparel."
"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Jonathan lies slain upon thy high places. I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women."
"How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished!" (2 Samuel 1:19-27 )This is the email that I recieved from my 3rd brother Russell S. Hoadley:

William C.D. Hoadley (1936-2012)

Dear Family & Friends:

My brother, William Cox Dazell Hoadley, died about 3 this morning in the care of his wife Debra and several children at his home in Keuka, FL, after a lengthy fight with cancer.  He was 76.

Bill was a remarkable man in many ways ... father of 10; Marine Corps veteran of several Vietnam tours; avid sailor; accomplished brickmason; joyous user of certain herbs. These hardly describe his forceful personality.  His death came after having recently completed a two-month sailing trip to the Bahama Islands with his wife, Debra, despite their knowledge that it would be his last.  He determined to live long enough to be present at the wedding of his youngest daughter, Mary Katherine on March 31, where, though wheelchair-bound, he held her hand and gave her away.

Bill was a man who lived by his own lights, a man of many parts.  He was for most of his life a remarkably strong and energetic person.  He threw himeself into whatever he did without reservation.  He could be a powerfully interesting person to be around, and he could also be a difficult one, bedeviled at times by dark emotions.  Besides his large family, he had innumerable and remarkably loyal friends.  He left an indelible mark on all he touched.

His survivors include his wife, Debra, and his chidlren Susan, Elizabeth, Wells, Cheyenne, Tahoma, Abraham, Tahbet, Gretchen and Mary Katherine.  His son William Isaac died in an auto accident in 2006.  Other survivors include an older brother, Peter; sister Sheri; and younger brother David; also numerous grandchildren, nieces and nephews.  A memorial service will be held late next week. 

Russell Hoadley

Rest in Peace, my dear brother!

David P. Hoadley

Bat-Yam

Israel

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 12:05 AM

Our sincere condolences to you and your family.  May he eternally rest in peace with the Lord.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 12:28 AM

Thank you hborre, your words are much appreciated!

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 1:40 AM

Sorry to hear that Hoad my friend..

Please accept my condolences to you and your family........

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 1:47 AM · edited Sun, 15 April 2012 at 1:58 AM

file_480457.jpg

Thank you  **Fixer**, your words too are much appreciated!!

Here is a picture of my brother from 2006, you can see a certain family resemblance!

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 2:31 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

David, please accept my deepest and heartfelt condolences on your loss and my sympathy to you and your family.   He sounds like an amazing man.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 2:43 AM

He was!!  Thank you Kalypso, for your kind words, they are much appreciated!!

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 4:40 AM

My heart goes out to you and your families David, I lost my father not too long ago, the pain remains but the memories get fonder..........

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

nish-j ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 5:11 AM

Quote - For my 2nd oldest brother William Cox Dalzell Hoadley, who passed away today. He was 76:

"Thy glory, O Israel, is slain upon thy high places! How are the mighty fallen!"
"Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Ashkelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised exult."
"Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew or rain upon you, nor upsurging of the deep! For there the shield of the mighty was defiled, the shield of Saul, not anointed with oil. From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, the bow of Jonathan turned not back, and the sword of Saul returned not empty."
"Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely! In life and in death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions."
"Ye daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you daintily in scarlet, who put ornaments of gold upon your apparel."
"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Jonathan lies slain upon thy high places. I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women."
"How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished!" (2 Samuel 1:19-27 )This is the email that I recieved from my 3rd brother Russell S. Hoadley:

William C.D. Hoadley (1936-2012)

Dear Family & Friends:

My brother, William Cox Dazell Hoadley, died about 3 this morning in the care of his wife Debra and several children at his home in Keuka, FL, after a lengthy fight with cancer.  He was 76.

Bill was a remarkable man in many ways ... father of 10; Marine Corps veteran of several Vietnam tours; avid sailor; accomplished brickmason; joyous user of certain herbs. These hardly describe his forceful personality.  His death came after having recently completed a two-month sailing trip to the Bahama Islands with his wife, Debra, despite their knowledge that it would be his last.  He determined to live long enough to be present at the wedding of his youngest daughter, Mary Katherine on March 31, where, though wheelchair-bound, he held her hand and gave her away.

Bill was a man who lived by his own lights, a man of many parts.  He was for most of his life a remarkably strong and energetic person.  He threw himeself into whatever he did without reservation.  He could be a powerfully interesting person to be around, and he could also be a difficult one, bedeviled at times by dark emotions.  Besides his large family, he had innumerable and remarkably loyal friends.  He left an indelible mark on all he touched.

His survivors include his wife, Debra, and his chidlren Susan, Elizabeth, Wells, Cheyenne, Tahoma, Abraham, Tahbet, Gretchen and Mary Katherine.  His son William Isaac died in an auto accident in 2006.  Other survivors include an older brother, Peter; sister Sheri; and younger brother David; also numerous grandchildren, nieces and nephews.  A memorial service will be held late next week. 

Russell Hoadley

Rest in Peace, my dear brother!

David P. Hoadley

Bat-Yam

Israel

... and in China, a Ressack be overturned.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 5:20 AM

Thank you mysticeagle, you are most kind.  Your words are appreciated!

nish-j, your meaning is unfathomable to me.  What's a Ressack, and why does overturning one is China bear any relation to my brother's death?

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 5:44 AM

David, my condolances.

Your brother gave his last resources to sailing with his wife and to the wedding of his daughter. Tough guy, respectable.

All the best

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 7:00 AM

Dear David

Deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 7:02 AM

Sincere condolences, David.  He sounds like he was a lovely guy.  Bet he had some stories to tell.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 8:44 AM

Hello David,

So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Hope you are well, DPH.

Larry F

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 9:23 AM

Sorry to read of your loss... My condolences to you and your brother's family... May he rest in peace.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 9:55 AM

i find those who have passed before me are closer than ever, my mom, my dad, brother and 2 sisters... memories and love grow stronger with the passage of time.. there are reminders everywhere, we never forget... first we cry, then we smile in rememberance...

my condolences

Y'all have a great day.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 10:02 AM

My condolences. Peace be upon you and your family.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 10:44 AM

My condolences ...

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:03 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. 

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:19 AM

So sorry to hear it. I know what it is like to lose someone close to you.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Mogwa ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:31 AM

My sincere condolences, David. May God bless him and welcome him home with open arms.

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:53 AM

My sincere condolences, David.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 12:21 PM

To NanetteTredoux, aRtBee, SamTherapy, Larry F, ThunderStone, JAFO, basicwiz, Ghostofmacbeth, Teyon, ToxicWolf, Mogwa, & bantha, thank you all for your kind and wonderful words of comfort!  They are all much appreciated!  May all of you only know joy!!!

DPH

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 1:16 PM

Losing a brother to old age must be scary.  My sympathies. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 2:52 PM

My condolences to you and your brother's family. 

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 3:30 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere condolences.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 3:41 PM

You have my sympathy for your loss. May his memory be a blessing.

masha ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 6:55 PM

Alive in your thoughts forever. My deep sympathies.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 8:13 PM

My condolences.  It's hard for anyone to lose a member of the family. =(

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 4:55 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

My best wishes to his close surving family members too.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 3:19 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

My condolences to you and the rest of the family

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dreamcutter ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 10:07 PM

A Salute to William, His Family and all he sacrificed for.

• A Marine may be gone, but is never forgotton +

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2012 at 12:59 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss.

May he rest in peace wih God and the angels to watch over him.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2012 at 6:26 AM

My condolances David

Death is beyond us, only thing we can do is always remember those that passed to the other side so that they are always alive in our memories

My FreeStuff

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2012 at 9:11 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss, DP. I lost my own brother in December, so i can emphathize.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2012 at 9:35 AM

David, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.  Prayers go out to you and all who held him dear, and I celebrate his lifetime of service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2012 at 2:31 PM · edited Tue, 17 April 2012 at 2:34 PM

To Winterclaw, KimberlyC, LilWolff, Janl, nobodyinparticular, masha, Ragtopjohnny, estherau, dreamcutter, BluEcho, pitklad, EClark1894, & WandW, thank you all for your kind and wonderful words of comfort!  They are all much appreciated!  May all of you only know joy!!!

DPH

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2012 at 3:35 PM

Just saw this.  Sorry for your loss.  May he rest in peace.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Ometeotl ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 7:36 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, David.

My sincere - if late - condolences.

Ome

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 7:53 AM

My sincere heartfelt condolences to you and the Family.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kindest regards

Petra 

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 11:21 AM

David, I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 2:46 PM

My deepest sympathy, Dave. So sorry to hear it!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 6:51 PM

I just saw this.  I'm so very sorry for you and your family's loss.  EClark- I'm sorry to hear that you lost your brother recently as well.  I wish you both strength and the solace of memories, family, and friends.

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2012 at 8:17 PM
Forum Moderator

My belated condolences.  It seems your faith serves you well at times as these.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2012 at 1:46 AM

David

My condolences and best wishes!

Eric

Suucat ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2012 at 2:49 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that David, please accept my condolences to you and your family, may he rests in peace.

Someday we all be together again.

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2012 at 5:00 AM

My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.  I am very sorry for your loss.

Joe 

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2012 at 11:30 PM

To Boni, Ometeotl, Raindroptheelf, Acadia, drifterlee, kobaltkween, UVDan, Eric Walters, Suucat, & Netherworks, thank you all for your kind and wonderful words of comfort!  They are all much appreciated!  May all of you only know joy!!!

DPH

samhal ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2012 at 7:36 PM

I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers.  It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage.  Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.  ~Maya Angelou

I'm late to this thread David but please accept my condolences.

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:45 AM

Thank you Samhal, for your kind words, they are much appreciated!  May you only know joy!

dph

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.