Fri, Sep 20, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Getting a 'banding effect' around upper lip

Michaelab ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2012 at 11:31 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:31 AM

file_480596.jpg

Could anyone tell me why I am getting this banding effect around the upper lip on the mouth on this D3 character?

I have Poser 8.

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2012 at 11:36 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say the background color on the lip zone is different from the background color on the face zone. Did you change one of them in the Material room?

Michaelab ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2012 at 11:51 PM

Yes, I changed the lip color on a Head jpg in photoshop and applied the new head in the material room.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 12:41 AM

You must change it for the other zones on the face as well. An easier way than editing the jpg is the change the background color using the material room.

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 7:48 AM

Thank you basicwiz. I'm sure the background color is the culprit, but where do I edit that?

In the material room I don't see 'Background color'. I have Diffuse Color, Highlight, Ambient and Reflection. I have Poser 8.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 9:43 AM

Difuse color is what you're looking for.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.