Wed, Sep 18, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Linking body part movements. Probably been asked 1000 times

MacMyers ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 8:59 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 6:52 PM

But... I can't find it.
I find what I think is the "dependencies" section of the manual. Bnut it seems to talk about muscle bulges etc.  I want to link separate front wheels or other objects like that so that they turn together. Guess I'm to sleepy.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

MacMyers ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 9:18 AM

I forgot to say... "I'm looking for a tutorial but can't seem to come up with the correct phrasing for what I want to do".

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 9:44 AM

Maybe you looking for ERC coding.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 10:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0a5sX2dLM

Here's something that may help

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:01 AM

Attached Link: http://youtu.be/mSt_UCrYOcs

And if that doesn't do the trick, I've made a step by step video for you.

http://youtu.be/mSt_UCrYOcs

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote - Maybe you looking for ERC coding.

That was my first thought.

If so, there's a thread around here somewhere relating to it.  I asked and LesBentley answered.  I wanted to get a central section of a part to move forwards, while other things around it opened out, like a petal.

You can use ERC to do a lot of things, either independently or in conjunction with others. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 3:27 PM · edited Sun, 15 April 2012 at 3:27 PM

Attached Link: https://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2814699&page=3

For an overview of ERC, and some links to further reading, see the "**How to write ERC code?**" post (about 19 or so posts down), in the thread linked above.

"Dependent Parameters" seem to be a name that the people at Poser are using to describe some new innovations in ERC, but also to subsume classic ERC.

As I only upgraded from P6 a few weeks ago, I have not yet come to grips with "Dependent Parameters", but classic ERC has the advantage on being compatible with all all Poser versions from P5 up, and even to some extent with P4.

If you only want to learn about the newest stuff, than you should visit Teyon's links. If you want to learn a bit about what goes on "under the hood", and stay compatible with older Poser versions, then the above link is also worth checking out.

MacMyers ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2012 at 5:49 PM

Wow.

Thanks for all of the info and help.

I am anxious to dig into this.

Thank you so much!

Mac

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 6:01 PM

It works! Although I still get confused and mess it up.

Is there a reason why Poser Pro 2012 only lets me add two master parameters beforew it overwrites one?

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 7:23 PM

Not sure but did you remember to change the name of the Master Dials? That should help avoid that problem.

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2012 at 9:03 PM

file_480543.JPG

Yes.

It's an aircraft Model.

I set Master Parameter Dials for the Ailerons

Then for the Rudders.

When I go to add another... it overwrites the rudders

See attached lousy image

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 6:51 PM

Well... this is what I got From SM:

Thank you for the additional information. I have been able to reproduce what you describe and I will be writing this up as a report for the engineers.

In the meanwhile, I have a feeling that this might only have been introduced in SR2. So if you would like, you can try uninstalling Poser, reinstalling it, and then applying just SR1 (you can redownload it from your order 307224 if you need to - I just reactivated the download links for that order for the next day) to see if the Master Parameters work any better for you then. Please let me know how this works out for you if you do try this.

As for documentation, there is no guide to the master parameters aside from what is written down in the manual, most of which is around page 600 and thereabouts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.