Thu, Oct 3, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 8 on a Mac

Morgano ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 3:16 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:25 AM

I bought Carrara 8 quite a while back (probably when it was new), to install on a Mac (I do also have a Windows PC - I think I was trying to split the workload).   I never got to use Carrara 8, for some reason.   I used to use versions 5 & 6 quite a bit on Windows PCs, now deceased.

Well, I thought that, having paid for it, I ought to give it a try, but it was hopeless.    I loaded a V4 figure and all I could see were her feet.   The upwards/downwards movement didn't work at all, so it was a pretty expensive way of rendering feet.   I acquired DAZ Studio recently, for free, and pretty quickly found out that that is a turkey on an Apple computer, too.   The difference is that I paid real money for Carrara.

Is anybody using Carrara 8 successfully on a Mac?   I'm on Carrara 8.0.1.45 64 bit.   I upgrading a useful idea, or will it still be a car-crash?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 3:52 PM

Carrara works fine on my system - Mac. I believe that there is a patch for the version you have. Check your account at DAZ.

Morgano ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 3:53 PM

OK, thanks very much.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quote - Carrara works fine on my system - Mac. I believe that there is a patch for the version you have. Check your account at DAZ.

What OS are you running out of curiosity?  I have installs of 10.5.8, 10.6 (on one Mac Pro) and 10.7.3 on my newer Mac Pro - reason I ask, is I'm thinking of installing it on the Lion system and wonder if there are any issues I should know about.

I do run C8 on 10.5 on my older Mac Pro just fine.  (Also run DS 3A and 4Pro on both boxes without a problem)

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:49 PM

Running 10.6x here. 

Had a couple of projects that required a software that doesn't run on 10.7 but now they're done and I'm just waiting for a lull in the storm to deal withi issues that always crop up during an upgrade. 

wscottart ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 7:33 PM

Running carrara 8.1.1.12 in 64 bit version on an imac running 10.6.8. Also running latest greatest version of poser 2012 and Daz Studio. No problems no crashes. Am very affraid of moving up to 10.7 however.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.