Sat, Sep 21, 10:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:29 pm)

Subject: 3D Coordinate System in Poser?

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2001 at 9:39 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Hi, all. I was gonna make this suggestion to Curious for Poser 5, but before I do, I want to make sure it isn't already there and I'm just not finding it...do any of you "Posermeisters" out there know if Poser 4 has a 3D coordinate system similar to Bryce? That is, is there any feature on the menus that will show me a figure's current placement along the X, Y, and Z axes of the Poser universe? Has anyone developed a utility or a formula for determining precise X, Y, Z figure placement, if no such feature currently exists in Poser? Thanks to any and all who respond.

Kevin ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2001 at 10:47 AM

You mean like the xTran, yTran and zTran settings?

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2001 at 4:31 PM

heyas; sorta not quite. :) if you add a figure's body and hip trans dials, you get their 'coordinates.' there's no button to press to magically tell you, though. non-figure things (props) have just one set of trans dials, so you can just read those. however, it is different depending on what the prop is parented to. i was reading the readme of the new ruler prop in free stuff (well, dunno how new it is, i needed a ruler) and it will tell you how to translate poser trans settings to feet or meters. :) well, i thought it was handy. (and promptly forgot what the translation is!)

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2001 at 9:09 PM

Thanks folks...I was so busy looking at menus I neglected to look at the Tran dials, although they're somewhat clumsy to work with, but they'll show me the increments. The ruler sounds cool, too...have to check it out.

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2001 at 3:34 AM

i'd like to see something like coordinates in 3dmax (maybe in other applications also, i don't know), where you can choose between local coord system and world coord system (and some others like screen, etc.)...

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2001 at 4:07 AM

re: the ruler. I've been using 1 Poser unit = 8ft. It makes the default Dork about 6ft. tall and Posette about 5'9" - IIRC. Anyone recall how that ruler is scaled? Same?

doozy ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2001 at 2:15 PM

What I heard is 1 poser unit = 100 inches. [8 feet would be 96 inches, so the two are close.]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.