Sun, Oct 6, 9:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The MarketPlace Showcase

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 12:22 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 10:49 AM

The MarketPlace Showcase.
I may be the only one, but I feel no one actually sees the items I show there. :(

Is it of any good use helping to promote new products?
How often do you check it for new Poser items?

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 12:38 AM

In the ten years I have been here, I have never visited it even once

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:03 AM

That's the reality of it I think.

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:23 AM

I've looked a couple of times, but I think the main galleries give much more exposure.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 3:50 AM

Quote - In the ten years I have been here, I have never visited it even once

I've only been here a couple of years but I have to say I have never looked either.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 4:03 AM

I have been here for years, and I have looked, at least once per week.  More if I am looking for a specific item.  It surprises' me you have not looked.  Of course I don't just look, I read alot, especially the editorials on items.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 5:58 AM

Thanks everybody for responding. It's good to know.

Hi Sams3D :)
You are special. ;)

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 6:51 AM

Sigh.

Would have loved to buy the new furry cat, but that store software is way too nosy for my taste.

I won't risk giving out my real world name and real world address just to buy a single product.

Nor will I pay additional sales tax just because I don't live in the US. (Which, btw, is not necessary according to current international e-commerce laws)

I bought from other little stores in the past and they just sent me over to my PayPal page where I could pay them, then received the download link immediately via email.

No problems at all.

Hope you put the furred cat up also at Rendo or DAZ, as it looks like a lovely product I'd love to own.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 7:06 AM

There is a marketplace?

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quote - The MarketPlace Showcase.
I may be the only one, but I feel no one actually sees the items I show there. :(

I don't actually browse the Showcase gallery but it is good because the image will be linked to on the product page and I often look at those images. I like to see some images in the gallery for any products I'm interested in purchasing.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quote - Sigh.

Would have loved to buy the new furry cat, but that store software is way too nosy for my taste.

I won't risk giving out my real world name and real world address just to buy a single product.

Nor will I pay additional sales tax just because I don't live in the US. (Which, btw, is not necessary according to current international e-commerce laws)

I bought from other little stores in the past and they just sent me over to my PayPal page where I could pay them, then received the download link immediately via email.

No problems at all.

Hope you put the furred cat up also at Rendo or DAZ, as it looks like a lovely product I'd love to own.

I must follow the EU laws for businesses, small or not. Everyone within EU pays the tax unless you have a business with a VAT number. If so you just send me the VAT number and I'll send you a Paypal invoice without the tax.

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the submiting of name and address when buying in the store. All online stores I know of have it including DAZ, Rendo and the rest. 

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 12:16 PM

The tax applies only to tangible goods, i.e. if I'd buy a boxed version of Poser in the US for example and have it shipped to me.

Downloadable goods are exempt. (There was a bit of confusion about that a few years ago, and DAZ started to add VAT to european customers, but neither DAZ nor Rendo do it anymore.

As for my data, no offense, but I trust "big" companys like PayPal or ebay or DAZ or Rendo who can invest into security more than a one (wo-)man shop.   :-)

But would "paying" you with a gift certificate of either Rendo or DAZ be an option ?

If so, please send me a sitemail.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 12:56 PM

Other than when I was a co-ordinator, I can't say that I've ever looked at the Showcase Gallery.  In fact I admit that I'm not a gallery browser and unless someone sends me a link to an image, I really don't go to the gallery area at other than to upload the rare image.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 12:58 PM · edited Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:02 PM

noxiartYou may be right.
We just follow what our authorities says is the right thing. :)

If you wish you can read up about it on the EU commission site. HERE is one place.
And THIS article is also very interesting. 

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quote - Other than when I was a co-ordinator, I can't say that I've ever looked at the Showcase Gallery.  In fact I admit that I'm not a gallery browser and unless someone sends me a link to an image, I really don't go to the gallery area at other than to upload the rare image.

HERE ya go then. :D

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quote - Would have loved to buy the new furry cat,

/quote]

Where is Tiny's furry cat for sale?

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - Would have loved to buy the new furry cat,

/quote]

I set up a store for it. :)

www.bytiny.com

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Would have loved to buy the new furry cat,

/quote]

I set up a store for it. :)

www.bytiny.com

Found it and bought all 12 kitties!!!!!  I've been waiting forever for that package to come out!  No one makes furry creatures like you do! You're definitely the master!

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 1:28 PM

Quote - Found it and bought all 12 kitties!!!!!  I've been waiting forever for that package to come out!  No one makes furry creatures like you do! You're definitely the master! 

Aww sweetie, thank you! Those words made my day. Hugs!
Oh, and please help "spread the word" if possible.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 2:04 PM

I have been coming here for over 10 years, and I don't think I have ever seen it before today. Your post sparked my interest, so I had my first look at it a couple of minutes ago.

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 7:54 PM · edited Sun, 13 May 2012 at 7:55 PM

OTOH, I look often and at many other forums, even ones whose software I don't or seldom use.  Just nosy I guess!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 8:17 PM

I used to go to the poser forum and there used to be a link to the product showcase forum so that after I had finished browsing the poser forums I would click the link to the productshowcase, however I haven't seen that link for ages now that you mention it, so these days I just click on what is new.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 12:20 AM

Hi Tiny,

I've been following/reading this thread and went and bought your "Fluffy Cat". I think it's the best thing that I've bought in a long time. Thank you!   :-) 

Adriaan Barel (a.k.a. Vege Mite)
"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 1:10 AM

Quote - Hi Tiny,

I've been following/reading this thread and went and bought your "Fluffy Cat". I think it's the best thing that I've bought in a long time. Thank you!   :-) 

Thank you Adrian! Hope you have lots of fun with it. It's definitely the best of the bunch so far. The fur comes out so thick and it looks good in close ups too.

A suggestion to everybody using it: Turn off 'ambient' on lights. It does strange things to the fur so it looks less good.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 6:19 AM

Nice looking fluffy cats Tiny :-)

Any plans for some fluffy dogs down the line? Or are you purely a cat person?

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 6:40 AM · edited Mon, 14 May 2012 at 6:41 AM

Quote - Nice looking fluffy cats Tiny :-)

Thank you! 
I've had dogs, rats and war cows earlier but they are not available anymore.
Am definitely planning a dog. ;) 

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 6:42 AM

Quote -

Cool... I'll keep and eye out for that :-)

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 2:20 PM · edited Mon, 14 May 2012 at 2:21 PM

I used to check it regularly, but I'd completely forgotten about it in recent years.  I'll take a peek, now that you've reminded me.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 3:06 PM

Quote - The MarketPlace Showcase.

Just to let you know if you didn't...

You do not have to post your images to the MP Showcase. Vendors of the marketplace can post images of products to the gallery. They must be more "art" than advertisment. Also, you may state in your notes section of your post that the current product is for sale now...coming soon... on sale.. etc.

An image that has advertising on the thumbnail &/or image, will be  moved to MP Showcase.

:)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 9:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Nice looking fluffy cats Tiny :-)

Thank you! 

The rats are excellent!

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:51 AM

Thank you Kimberly. I've not kept up with the guidelines so that's very good to know. :)

Acadia, thank you!

Tiny ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 8:56 AM

Quote - > Quote - Nice looking fluffy cats Tiny :-)

Thank you! 

A little update here. I decided to republish the animals for Poser 6 & 7. So dog is there now. The rest will come later.
These animals will only look good in Poser 6 & 7! 

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 9:27 PM

I probably looked at it when I was new here, but I only bought stuff based on whatever theme I wanted to do at any given time and the Showcase seemed to be for "everything new not already in 'What's New'" and I was only interested in what was new for the themes that interested me.  Too much good looking stuff to sort through, though I probably added a theme or two to my wish list because of what I saw and just never got around to them before the old computer became unstable.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 5:43 PM

I've always kept an eye on the Showcase forum, but since it became RMP vendors only, there has been a lot less traffic as only a few vendors seem to bother (and some of them don't check the links they post, if they post one at all).

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 11:59 AM

Yeeaahh! Good news! The Fluffy Cats are here in Rendo market place now.

I'm so happy! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.