Wed, Sep 18, 12:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Available now: Updated SR2 for Poser 9 / Poser Pro 2012 and SR2 PoserFusion 2012

thinkcooper ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 10:16 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

Available now: New Poser 9 / Poser Pro 2012 SR2 and SR2 PoserFusion 2012 plug-ins

Based on a few SR2 issues that were reported online and uncovered by our beta team internally, we've released an updated Service Release 2 for Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012. These are available online at http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html. As always, our Service Releases are cumulative; meaning that all fixes in the previous SR1 and the first version of SR2 are included in this new updater. For the full list of previous Service Release 2 updates, check out this older thread: Service Release 2. We highly encourage you to install the new SR2.

Along with the updated SR2 installers, we have a full set of new SR2 level PoserFusion 2012 plug-ins for 3ds max, Maya, CINEMA 4D and Lightwave, providing feature support in the hosted content for all SR2 level Poser scene files.

You’ll need to have your valid Poser serial number handy to gain access to the installers.

Cheers,

Steve Cooper

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 11:41 PM

Thanks, though it seems it would have been perhaps better to call it Service Pack 2a or something so we will know if we have the older one or the newer one...

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 12:04 AM

This update is being ID'ed as SR2.1

Good one, BTW. It fixes the Library's "Search" function, broken by SR2.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 12:15 AM

You're right, it does when it gets into your cart, but the product page is confusing - doesn't mention a 2.1 😉

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

vitachick ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 3:36 AM

Strange,.. I tried to update in my Poser2012 folder..Installer telling me it cannot locate to please reinstall 2012?????

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 3:38 AM

Nice one - many thanks Steve and the Poser dev team, for your hard work on these continuing improvements.

Cheers ;-)

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:13 AM

SR2 is online since more than one mounth ;)

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:19 AM

Quote - SR2 is online since more than one mounth ;)

Hi Anthanasius - this is SR2.1 (an updated version of SR2, if you like)...

I guess its close enough to the original SR2 publication date (and because its a comprehensive update) to warrant just re-publishing as SR2...

Simpler that way for anyone who hasn't updated already... I guess?

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:27 AM

SR 2.1 ? Nothing in the readme ...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 5:00 AM

Quote - SR 2.1 ? Nothing in the readme ...

Nope... don't know if the readme is updated to list the new fixes, but just doesn't include mention of the SR2 minor revision... or if it just isn't updated yet on the website...

Otherwise the info about the minor update to SR2 is, so far, stated here and in another post by thinkcooper at RDNA.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 5:13 AM

Ok i see

SR 2.1 only visible when check out cart ;)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 6:55 AM

Interesting I got the same error message about reinstalling PP2012.

Will wait until they sort this out.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Ometeotl ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 6:56 AM

Thank you, Thinkcooper. This is great news!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 7:10 AM

For those that are getting the Re Install message from the installer, I have started a thread over at RDNA:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 7:35 AM

Ticket also created at SM.

All the best.

LROG

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 9:18 AM

I'll be connecting with the support team now and the engineering team this morning to see what could be going on. The SR2.1 updater should smoothly update SR2. As soon as I can get any feedback I'll jump back in with info. In the meantime, thank you for filing the ticket and providing answers to their questions. They are the front line for issue resolution.

Steve Cooper

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 10:45 AM

When you get this error, just manually point to your current Poser instalation.
Point to the folder where the exe file is.
Then SR2.1 should install without problems.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 11:12 AM

Nope, didn't work.

Did a manual and same error came up.

The PoserPro exe is there, but this update is not finding it for some reason.

All the best.

LROG

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote - Nope, didn't work.

Did a manual and same error came up.

The PoserPro exe is there, but this update is not finding it for some reason.

All the best.

LROG

Just to clarify - you're trying to do an SR2.1 update on a Pro 2012 + SR2 installation that's located on your D Drive?

Thanks in advance.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 11:52 AM

Yep, correct.

Poser Pro 2012, D drive, SR1 installed ok, SR2 installed ok, SR 2.1 OOOOOOPPPSIIE!!!

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 11:59 AM

It's something to do with this SR2.1. I have just done a SR2 install and everything worked.

So, perhaps the coders need to see what they changed from the front part of SR2 to SR2.1 as this is wher ethe problem must be.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 12:46 PM

Now SM is trying to tell me that it is an error and to ignore the error and it will install correctly.

Nope!!!! It does not as I have told them.

With the error screen you only get an OK button.

Click on the OK button and you are taken back to the Back - Next screen.

Click on Next and you get........

The error message appear.

Try again SM.

All the best.

LROG

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quote - Now SM is trying to tell me that it is an error and to ignore the error and it will install correctly.

Nope!!!! It does not as I have told them.

With the error screen you only get an OK button.

Click on the OK button and you are taken back to the Back - Next screen.

Click on Next and you get........

The error message appear.

Try again SM.

All the best.

LROG

You have our full team's attention exploring all the scenarios that this could occur in - in a private message on RDNA i have a few specifc questions that would really help to get feedback on. Thanks in advance fro your help.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:01 PM

Thanks Steve!!!

Answered in PM.

All the best.

LROG

bagoas ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:39 PM

Just to inform: same error here on a 32 bits Win XP-Pro system and PoserPro2012 with SR2 installed. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:48 PM · edited Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:49 PM

Can you pop over to the RDNA thread and post there as well please!!!

LINK TO THREAD

All the best.

LROG

Rana2 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 1:53 PM

I have installed and now have to add all runtimes back to Library.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 2:03 PM

Just installed it .. and already is rendering =)

No problems at all on my end. Was unchecking the 32bit option (not using them) and chose to keep the existing preference files (I always do that, too).

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 3:45 PM

No problems for me either. I also unchecked the 32bit option and chose to keep existing preference files. Poser is on my C drive. Win 7 64bit.

Thank you, SM!

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hope they have finally fixed the mesh group name corruption issue when exporting to obj. The addition of a colon and number appended to the group name so that it is no longer congruent with uncorrupted files.

With a similar corruption issue, when spawning props, support said the corruption was intentional. Yes that's right, they have intentionally introduce corruption, and it has cost me many hours cleaning it out of obj files.

:cursing:

To the Poser engineers. To put it simple, the output group names MUST be the same as the input group names, unless specified otherwise by the user in the export options. Unbidden changes to the group name are by definition corruption.

For those who want Poser to make alterations to the group names, they can tick the appropriate export options. Those who do not select those options, should not have the corruption forced upon them. P6 could export uncorrupted obj files. Why can't PP2012?

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:25 PM

Tried it and it makes showing the pivot point almost impossible.

uninstalled it and it trashed the Poser 9 install. had to reinstall.

Not very professional.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 4:59 PM

you shouldn't have to add back all your runtimes manually.  there is a python script i think in poser that can add the lot back all at once.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 5:00 PM

don't forget to check your preferences after to see if external binary morph on and off, and render in separate processes checked.

Also in mac I usually have to change the permissions to be more permissive for my poser folder so I can instlall my python scripts correctly.

I'm away from home so haven't tried it yet this time.

Love esther

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 6:35 PM

There is a big problem on my Mac 10.6.8, 64 bit.

I rendered a pz3 just 2 days ago. One V4, afro hair and a top and skirt. It took about 15 minutes.

After I installed SR2.1 I did a drive check with Disk Utility, repaired permissions and restarted.

I just tried the same exact scene with SR2.1 - just opened and rendered. Over an hour later it hadn't even done 2 inches. The activity monitor said the FFrenderer was using 230% of the CPU! I couldn't even get to the finder. My dock would not even pop up. So I left my cursor where the dock should be and it took a good 4 minutes to pop up.

Well I guess I have to reinstall Pro 2012 and SR2!!

Poser Pro 2012, 2010, 8, 7, 6, 4
Mac Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2.26 GHz, 12 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, OS 10.6.8, 64 bit

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 8:25 PM · edited Tue, 15 May 2012 at 8:28 PM

The only scene I have benchmarked is one of Greenpots Dormroom with V4 done with SR1 that rendered in 56 minutes.  I rerendered it with SR2.1 and it rendered in 37 minutes.  However, V4 has now an odd shadow on her arm that wasn't present in the old render...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Rana2 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 9:25 PM

Ester

I did not know of the Python Script. I have never used scripts before. I must look at them.

Thank you.

Pelavo

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 6:17 AM

Well I guess I have to reinstall Pro 2012 and SR2!!

Did you try the things i mentioned in your poser preferences.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 6:19 AM

file_481400.jpg

eg

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 6:19 AM

and in misc - uncheck external binary etc

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hi all, looking for a confirm here.

When uninstalling a service release, is the file I need to unistall called:-

Poser Pro 2012 Service Release

I've never done this before so, I would appreciate a bit of help from someone who has done it.

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:32 AM

Sir, I would suggest to wait a day or 2 untill SM comes with a solution for your particular installation.

Yes, with a default installation, uninstalling the previous SR would work.

But having no details of your particular install and given the fact that SR2.1 did not install as expected on your system/installation, my best proposition would be to wait a little bit. SM might ask extra questions to troubleshoot.
The team will surely come with a solution.

But give SM the time to come up with a solution, or you might run in the same situation for future SR's..

What WILL work is a complete uninstall.
Install the origional 16510 and then run the SR2.1.

As ever;

I STRONGLY suggest a default install in Program files, and the Content runtime in the shared folder. (as proposed by the initial installation.)

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:43 AM

I STRONGLY suggest a default install in Program files, and the Content runtime in the shared folder. (as proposed by the initial installation.)

But the thing is I like my python scripts to go in the main poser folder because then I don't have to perform any additional steps to see them in my script menu in my poser window.  I've never tired installing my python scripts in my content runtime.  And I bet you haven't because I know what you think of snake scripts.

Love esther

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:49 AM

When "working" the Windows 7 UAC you can put your scripts where you want and have them available at a mouse click.

PS, LOL love your last remark. :-)
Have a nice day. 

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:59 AM

Hehe

They just come so nicely automatically organized and recognized by poser when they are in the main poser folder.  I know you don't have all the snake scripts that I own.

Love esther

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 7:59 AM

Quote - Well I guess I have to reinstall Pro 2012 and SR2!! Did you try the things i mentioned in your poser preferences.

Yes, and everything is still as it should be.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 8:08 AM

In your home folder in libraries you will find the preferences for poser.  maybe try and delete them (copy to a safe place for the moment) and try restarting poser.  Have you repaired permissions and restarted computer as a last resort before removing your lovely update with all its new shiny updatedness?

Love esther

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 8:30 AM · edited Wed, 16 May 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quote - In your home folder in libraries you will find the preferences for poser.  maybe try and delete them (copy to a safe place for the moment) and try restarting poser.  Have you repaired permissions and restarted computer as a last resort before removing your lovely update with all its new shiny updatedness?

Love esther

Yes, as I said before I've already done permissions, checked the disk and restarted. I'll redo prefs only as a last resort as my setups are complicated and a PITA.

Poser Pro 2012, 2010, 8, 7, 6, 4
Mac Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2.26 GHz, 12 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, OS 10.6.8, 64 bit

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 8:39 AM

Okay, well it sounds like you might be nearing your last resort. It is working on my mac (thank goodness).

Love esther

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi all, I did the uninstall and it uninstalled most of Poser Pro 2012.

So, I just did a default install, then did the SR2.1 and it now works ok.

The only thing I had to do was a quick reinstal od SW LM2.5.

Apart from that everything is fine.

I agree, if you are not in a rush, then wait for the updated updater.

I got this from SM tech team, who have been absolutly fantastic in their help of my problem. Great team can't give them enough thanks!!!!

NOTE: There is an issue with the SR 2.1 installer on 32 Bit Operating Systems that have SR2 installed. This is a work around, but a newer installer will be available soon, if you would rather wait. Since the newest installer includes everything in the previous installer, you do not need to have installed SR 2 to make use of SR 2.1

So, just wait a little while and if you have the error prob, you will be able to solve it.

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 9:19 AM

I am soo happy for you.
Happy Posering.
Tony

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 9:29 AM

Already rendering!!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.