Wed, Sep 18, 10:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Can't Apply Base and V4++ morphs.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:23 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

Several months ago, I created the "perfect" render of a character.  All the expressions worked beautifully whenever I opened the file.  But today, I was shocked to see that all of the base and ++ morphs are gone.  I can't get her to show surprise, fear, etc.  Three times today, I laboriously added the morphs.   She smiled,  was sad, etc.  And three times, when I saved the file,  none of the morphs were there. As a test, I changed her body pose, and when I reopened, the new pose appeared.  I can save poses, but not the morphs.   Has anyone else had this problem?  Even using expression poses from the library have no effect.   I doubt I'll ever be able to recreate her.  Now, she is nothing more than a Poser mannequin. 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:33 PM

If you have External Binary Morphs enabled, disable it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:34 PM
Online Now!

Not sure if this will help, but whenever I create a character from morph sets, I spawn a full body morph from the Figure menu up top, then save the character to the figure library in my own folder. I've never had luck saving a morphed figure just from saving the scene file, whether it's from a morph set or my own morphs. 

~Shane

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:49 PM
Online Now!

I'm with Sam, it sounds like the PMD has gotten corrupted if External Binary Morphs is used for storing the morph information.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:22 PM

And a good and happy week to you Romangirl!!  Call me quaint and old-fashioned, but your present difficulties with V4 is yet another reason why I stick with PosetteV3!

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:18 AM

Trying to find External Binary Morphs

Quote - If you have External Binary Morphs enabled, disable it.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:24 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:25 AM

Load up Poser

Edit menu at the top of the screen.

Select the General Preferences option right at the bottom of the menu box.

Select the Misc tab.

You should now see the External Binary Morphs option. If it is switched on, it will have a tick at the side of it.

Click the tick to take it off.

Now back to the Document tab.

Select the Launch to Prefered Scene option.

Select the Set Prefered State button.

Select the OK button.

Now when you load up POser in future the EBM's option will be switched off.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:24 AM

Thanks. I  have been saving my figures to the Figure library for years.  Fortunately, I have previous versions of my character there, morphs included.   It will just require more morphing.  But if I can't save the morphs..... 

Quote - Not sure if this will help, but whenever I create a character from morph sets, I spawn a full body morph from the Figure menu up top, then save the character to the figure library in my own folder. I've never had luck saving a morphed figure just from saving the scene file, whether it's from a morph set or my own morphs. 

~Shane

raven ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:25 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:26 AM

Edit->General Preferences, Misc tab.

Doh, too slow! :)

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:26 AM

PMD?  Where are these things?

Quote - I'm with Sam, it sounds like the PMD has gotten corrupted if External Binary Morphs is used for storing the morph information.

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:41 AM

Thanks to all of you!  Paganeagle, after following your steps,  I added one morph , saved, and reopened. Sure enough, she showed the morph!    You are all so smart!  I've used Poser for years, and it still puzzles me to no end.  I love to create stuff, but am a technical moron.  You are all very helpful!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:44 AM

The thing is never be afraid to ask questions.

There are things that still puzzle me, and if I'm stuck, I ask the question.

Usually there is always someone who can help, normally with a short period of time.

Enjoy what you are doing.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:56 AM

Thanks!  And I  always go to the Renderosity forum when I'm really stuck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.