Sun, Sep 22, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012 not finding files all of a sudden

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:02 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:37 AM

I was originally using Poser 7, and then I got a full version of Pro12.  My problem is with only two things.  First Fabiana's DejaVU hair...when I go to put it into Pro it loads the meshy looking hair, gripes about not finding something, I cancel it and apply everything and it renders as normal, but in preview it's just the meshy look.  No biggie.  My other problem is with RDNAs TerraDome.  The original sky mats work just fine.  No problems, but in either poser 7 or Pro, no matter where I put them, the expansion for Fantasia Domes...it just can't find the files.  I've had the creator try everything possible, but even they had no idea why it doesn't work and it didn't work in 7 or 12 in poser's runtime or even my own.  This is what it does:

When I try to use any of the expansion skies it says please locate "file name.mt5".  Now in the past I just went in and found the .PNG and it worked just fine.  However, after the second fix for poser pro 2012 all it does it load I think the lights and won't render the pictures on the sky dome.  I have no ".mt5" file and I've installed and reinstalled it several times.  I don't even know what that file extension is.  

I have poser content and the .PNG in the folder where the items are installed.  If I choose the poser content now it crashes Poser. If I choose the picture it doesn't do anything.  Any help?  Any ideas?  This really annoys me to no end.  It's one thing if you can cancel and move on and get the render, but I can't even do that so far.

I also just tried this material file in the material room and it applied the picture of my expansion sky.  Is mt5 a "material" file name?

The sky domes are supposed to be "one click" it puts in the lights and the mat files on there at once.  Do you think maybe it's not finding the mat files and can't auto apply them?

Anyone else have any problems with this product or have any ideas what I can do?  I'm out of ideas..I put files where they are supposed to go and that is my extent of knowledge.  LOL.

Thank you! 

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:09 PM

Now you haven't provided which OS PP2012 is installed into nor where it is located if the OS happens to be Vista or Windows 7.  Can you verify this information?

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:13 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:15 PM

As for the "meshy look", select the hair and go to the "Document Display Settings", click the small arrow and choose "Element Style" from the pull down menu and then change from wireframe to texture shaded - the last one in the panel to the right.

The .mt5 file extension is a Poser single material file extension.

Laurie

vitachick ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 3:10 PM

Terra  Dome..Yup I have a problem with it. Was wondering if maybe because I am using Poser2012  WinXP 32 bit. Shows compatible with Poser 7 +8 . Don't think 2012 shud make a difference.  Truth thought it was me, and still could be I'm doing something wrong

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:34 PM

Does it use a python script at all? If it does, it may be incompatible.

Laurie

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:54 PM

I'm running Windows 7, PoserPro2012 and the runtime is one I made myself; an external one stored in my user area.  The program is installed in the regular old windows program file area for 64 bit programs and ran as an administrator.  It runs wardrobe wizard and other things just fine.  However, it doesn't matter if I install the terradome and expansion it into Poser 7 or Poser Pro 2012 in the Poser "runtime" or the external one I made...same issue, but only with the expansion skies.  Syyd over at RDNA did try for several weeks to help me figure it out, but nadda.  I figured it was just me.  I have no idea if it uses a phtyon script, but that could be it since it's gotten even worse since service pack 2.  It's not a big huge deal, but it has the prettier skies LOL.  

Well at least I'm not the only one with problems with it :)  

Thanks everyone 

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:13 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:14 PM

I thought it was just me.  LOL.

Having heard some bug reports about the new SR to PP2012, I haven't installed it yet.  But occasionally (not every time), a sky material has to look for the texture.

In fact, the same thing happens occasionally to all sorts of random products, though sometimes it's the geometry it must find.  There doesn't really seem to be rhyme or reason to it. (ETA: It's not a problem with the products, as it sometimes happens to products that functioned perfectly well in the past).

I do believe I posted about it here, and was told that it couldn't be happening because my preferences were set to "deep" search.  So I figured, on that basis, that indeed it wasn't happening and I was just crazy.

Windows UAC is not a factor.  PP2012 is installed on the root drive for me, as are my runtimes.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 8:40 PM

Have you gone to preferences in poser and set your preferences to deep. whilst you are there you may want to turn on render in separate processes and uncheck external binary morphs.  sometimes these things get reset with a new isntallation of poser.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 9:37 PM

Well I've done all that suggestions (most I've already tried before with no luck).  I can't even get the basic sky to render now.  I'm tired so I'm just gonna call it a night.  Thanks for the help.  

What exactly would external binary morphs do?  Is that under the "save" part where it talks about saving.  I tried checking and unchecking this but no luck.  I try not to mess too much with those settings if I can help it.....I read a few tuts on what to turn off and what not to mess with and what to increase to get it to go faster....but that is about it.  :0 )

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:23 PM

sorry you are having troubles and there isn't an easy fix.  I just put that bit in about external binary morphs as some people have trouble when it is checked (it's in the preferences as you probably have found).

I hope you get poser working for you. i am having so much fun with my PP 2012 and achieving so much.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:09 PM

The light sets for Fantasia Dome call a python script after it load the lights.
It is not a compiled script so it should work across most versions of Poser.

The script calls an MT5 file to apply shader to the skydome.  As an example, it will look for

:Runtime:Libraries:Materials:RDNA:Fantasia DOME:DesertStorm.mt5

if you apply the DesertStorm light set which contains 3 lights. 

I hadn't used it lately, so I just now applied several light sets to see if still working.
Works fine for me under PP2012 SR2.1 WinXP64.

It is possible that your material files got misplaced.  Maybe a reinstall of the package will solve problem.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:55 AM

Too bad Hogsoft doesn't update his "Correct Reference Pro" utility to work in Poser 2012.  Everyone of my 60 Gigs of Poser 5 - 7 library files were processed in CR before ever being installed and I never once had a problem with Poser being able to find anything.

The utility "Dr. Poser" is supposed to be able to ID problem references even in Poser 2012, but it doesn't offer the ability to have them corrected like CR Pro did.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

Banaman ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 11:27 AM

I am using Library Manager2 from Shader Works to deal with older content.

Windows XP32
Core2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2.98GB RAM
NVDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Monitor Acer 1920x1080
Wacom Intuos3 Pen Tablet 

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 4:38 PM

Well I finally just ended up cancelling out of the "want to find this" box and then clicked on the dome and applied the problematic pictures from the mat files from the add on package.  That worked.  It's not a one step process, but it allows me to use the product with minimal problems.  Yay!

I'm just glad I only have 2 things with problems! 

Thanks everyone.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.