Sun, Sep 15, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: what is DAZ's new web address?

curtskinn ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 10:46 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 6:19 PM

What is DAZ's new web address? I got an email from them  but accidentally deleted it, and now the bookmarked one won't work.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 10:53 PM

It's the same as it has been

http://www.daz3d.com/

If you can't acces it, clear your cache, delete every cookie you have that says daz in it, and then refresh the page.  Should work....

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Daja ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 2:11 AM

They changed the forums is all no new web url. The forums are empty.

Amigo968 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:43 AM

file_481465.jpg

I've another problems with DAZ new Site.

I can't buy anything, because it comes an message, I have to enter the state/province, but I can't enter anywhere the state in my account. The next I can't reach the DAZ helpdesk, the link is broken - so I can't reach DAZ Support and I can't tell them my problems! And yes, I deleted all cache and cookies of my browser, but it doesn't work.

What can I do?

Amigo968 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:41 AM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:49 AM

Why can't I edit my last post? Only the link to open a support ticket doesn't work yet. And where can I edit, that I don't want download mac-files, I can't find soemthing for the edit?The rest works again.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:28 AM

Quote - Why can't I edit my last post?

These forums have a very short edit window, take too long and your post is locked and only the staff can edit it after that.

DAZ have done their usual and dumped a beta on the community (and a broken beta at that), stay away from the site for a week and give the idiots a chance to fix it.

Amigo968 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:29 AM

Ok, so I wait for repair their bugs. Thank you for your answer.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 1:41 PM

It's idespiseposer.com

😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quote - It's idespiseposer.com

😉

ROFL, DarkEdge.

Amigo968 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:43 AM

I don't know, but right now nothing ever seems to work correctly at DAZ. I want my to terminate my PC membership, but the button isn't going. I want to reach the DAZ support, running on empty and the link doesn't work. And now are credit cards-data to be apparent to other - these are yet everything things, which must examine BEFORE somebody goes Online with the site! What is now going on with DAZ? Are the folks at DAZ dreaming? How long does it take, till something at their site works again like before? I don't like this new site!

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quote - I don't know, but right now nothing ever seems to work correctly at DAZ. I want my to terminate my PC membership, but the button isn't going. I want to reach the DAZ support, running on empty and the link doesn't work. And now are credit cards-data to be apparent to other - these are yet everything things, which must examine BEFORE somebody goes Online with the site! What is now going on with DAZ? Are the folks at DAZ dreaming? How long does it take, till something at their site works again like before? I don't like this new site!

Can you explain what you mean about the credit card data  please.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Amigo968 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 6:01 PM

I was warned by someone as follows:
DAZ is currently only problems, I was warned at the weekend that if you have credit card information filed with Daz, delete it immediately, because apparently thanks to a huge bow members view the complete data of others.

coldrake ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:32 PM

Quote - I was warned by someone as follows:
DAZ is currently only problems, I was warned at the weekend that if you have credit card information filed with Daz, delete it immediately, because apparently thanks to a huge bow members view the complete data of others.

No one was EVER able to access anyone else's credit card information. Please don't spread rumors.

Coldrake

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quote - > Quote - I was warned by someone as follows:

No one was EVER able to access anyone else's credit card information. Please don't spread rumors.

Coldrake

Even I have never been able to see my credit card info, except for the last 4 digits.

However, that data exists in the database, and even secured sites get penetrated.  Sony couldn't keep the fort locked down on a working site, for instance.

So I don't think that when a web store is showing all sorts of error code here and there and is obviously bugged, that an abundance of caution with one's data is really out of line.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:13 AM

i don't see a Fast Grab link. 

did they do away with it?

i don't see how to browse all items in the store.

they saved my wishlist.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

DesignsbyEve ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:48 AM

I can't even access anything, because they didn't bother to tell us beforehand that if we have a 5 digit or less password, we should have changed it before the new site went live.  Now, everytime I try to log in, I get the incorrect password message, telling me to use the "Forgot Password" to reset my now too short password.  Well, I've hit that like 5 times, and have yet to get an email from them.  Support? Yeah trying to use that brings up a 404 error.  I suppose I could call them, but at the time it was the weekend and I was pretty irritated.  Now I figure I'll just wait til they get their heads outta their posteriors and get it running again.  All I really want is to start resetting orders so I can download zips and maybe, just maybe, finally get everything I've ever bought from them installed without losing the use of my wrist. LoL

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:14 PM

DesignsbyEve, please contact DAZ_Ann at aanderson@daz3d.com and she should be able to reset your password. I suspect that the reset emails are being sent but aren't reaching you, as is happening with order confirmations for some of us.

Misty, no - the new system doesn't support Fast Grabs so anything like that will have to wait until the other stuff is settled and DAZ has time to review the possibilities. It may not be possible to have a similar promotion, sadly, though it's too soon to know.

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

I want to delete my PC Membership, but I can't do this under "My Subscription" and the support doesn't work.

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quote - I want to delete my PC Membership, but I can't do this under "My Subscription" and the support doesn't work.

Until Zendesk is running again, you can contact sales at support@daz3d.com

Amigo968 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 3:30 AM

Thank you.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:53 AM

aww, no fastgrabs?  well, that's one way to break a habit.  don't enable.  😄

what am i going to do all day at work without the complaint thread?  work?  i dunno ... it's so radical.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:10 AM

Yep, no FastGrabs, Lara.  I find myself thinking of checking several tirmes a day, then I remember.  :sad:

I don't like the store navigation either, but hopefully it will improve once they get it all running again....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:08 AM

No fastgrabs.  They said a while ago that it wasn't supported out of the box with the new system.  They may or may not bring it back down the road.

Cheers,
Alisa

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 5:24 AM · edited Tue, 05 June 2012 at 5:25 AM

And why can I see everything of my account, if I left DAZ and return to DAZ again, without new login? My opinion: That'is not very secure.

Did the PC Member get their 6 Dollar Vouchers any longer? I didn't get something for June 2012?

CyberDream ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 8:02 AM

Why don't you go to DAZ and complain?

Your problem has nothing to do with Poser or this site.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quote - And why can I see everything of my account, if I left DAZ and return to DAZ again, without new login? My opinion: That'is not very secure.

Did the PC Member get their 6 Dollar Vouchers any longer? I didn't get something for June 2012?

They have said many many times that the site IS secure.  And The June coupons (not vouchers) have not yet arrived. 

If, as CyberDream said, you go over and just read replies already on Daz's forums, where this is all being discussed and answered in umpteen million different threads in the Commons and Member forums, I think you will find answers to just about any question you have, and much more effectively than posting about them on this site.  There are a lot of issues, they are aware of them and are working on them.

By the way, to add to earlier comments in this thread - fastgrab has sort of reappeard there, though it's clearly still a work in progress.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models

Cheers,
Alisa

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:07 PM · edited Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quote - Why don't you go to DAZ and complain?

Your problem has nothing to do with Poser or this site.

I am writing here again because I had written here for the first time and review about the new DAZ site, at this time time the link was dead to DAZ support and nobody could contact to DAZ. The answer was, all is secure - so I would like to tel, that this doesn't seam so, because I can leave DAZ and go back and see all my dates in the account! And this is now my last post in this matter.

Änderungen rückgängig machen

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'm a little creeped out because every time I go to DAZ it calls me by somebody else's name.  Even though I have logged in under my own name, when I go back, it calls me by someone else's name.  First it was a Swedish sounding name, then French, then Japanese.  They must have quite the international customer base!

Good to know no credit card info was exposed, but I'm still a little nervous about making any purchases.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:37 PM

If you actually try to do something like access your wishlist or buy something, you'll find you need to log in with your email addy first :) 

Cheers,
Alisa

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - I was warned by someone as follows:

Coldrake

And why can I leave DAZ Site and return and have all my dates of the account without logon? This is not secure for me!

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quote - If you actually try to do something like access your wishlist or buy something, you'll find you need to log in with your email addy first :) 

I can put items to my cart and buy them without logon (I tried it now). The logon was this early morning. Then I left this site till now and I can now everything do, like I'm logged in.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 2:12 PM

What I meant was that if it shows someone ELSE'S name on the top right, if you try to actually buy something or check your wishlist, it asks you to log in.  I've had that happen.

You are aware that there are cookies on your browser that let can sites know that it is you on their site, right?  You don't always have to log in every time you open a browser window.  I am always logged in at Renderosity, and don't have to log in every time I come back here.

IS it saying that it IS you?  Or is it saying someone else's name and still allowing you to buy something?

If it's saying it IS you, I just don't see what the problem is.

Cheers,
Alisa

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 2:18 PM

When I come back to DAZ Site, it's my account. And it is also, if I deleted my cache. I never had this the last 5 years , that I could see and do all like I was logged in at DAZ.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 3:27 PM

There's likely a cookie (that's different from cache) that tells Daz who you are.

If you're really concerned, put in a support request at Daz, but be aware they're way behind...

Cheers,
Alisa

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 3:47 PM

Do you logout before you leave?

Amigo968 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 7:55 PM · edited Tue, 05 June 2012 at 7:56 PM

Oh, it seams DAZ fixed it, because now I have sign in again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.