Fri, Oct 4, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Help!!! MAT Pose Edit...

panko ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 11:17 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:36 PM

Following a rather mild, but destructive, hard disk crash I've lost my installed version of MAT Pose Edit (ver. 3). There must be a backup somewhere in the sea of CDs I keep but it will take an awful lot of time to find the zip file. Unfortunately Ilari's web site is gone, and in spite of my efforts I couldn't locate a working download link.

Now if any of you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful. (The utility is freeware anyway).

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 11:39 AM

Attached Link: MAT Pose Edit 3

I've checked the licence and it does say that the package can be redistributed so long as the contents remain unaltered and that no charge is made.

So here's a temporary link to the utility.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

panko ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 11:46 AM

Snarlygribbly, I can't thank you enough! You saved me from hours of searching!!!!

I owe you one :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 6:00 PM

👍 Thanks Snarlygribbly. Like panko I had lost my copy of MPE in a HDD crash. Good to have it back again.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 6:44 PM

It does not run properly under vista or win7, I believe, and there are no plans for a newer version or rewrite, and Illaro (sp?) has moved away from poserdom.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

panko ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quote - It does not run properly under vista or win7, I believe, and there are no plans for a newer version or rewrite, and Illaro (sp?) has moved away from poserdom.

True. It's rather erratic and Illari has given up long ago, unfortunately. On the other hand John Hoagland's MAT Pose Creator (available at the marketplace here) works perfectly well in Win7.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 7:34 PM

I think Netherworks has one at Daz as well that is a poser python script, converts displacement map settings and is $10 or under as well.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2012 at 10:13 PM

You might try running under the XP virtual machine mode in Win 7 - is that available on all versions? Also assume you installed and ran as admin. MS says that VB6 will be suipported through Win 8 but he used the GFL imaging library and perhaps some other libraries that may be causing problems.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2012 at 9:47 AM

Yeah I recall librabies being the issue. I tried every possible way to get it to work on win7 64, and finally gave up and bought netherwork's python script on sale for like $8.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2012 at 10:12 AM

Why not - if you really, really need MAT poses - create a Material Collection and then edit the file to make it a MAT? 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TomMusic ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote -  

I've checked the licence and it does say that the package can be redistributed so long as the contents remain unaltered and that no charge is made.

So here's a temporary link to the utility.

Thanks for the LINK. I've installed it on my Win7 machine, seems to be doing okay so far. I installed the ".exe" file in XP mode compatibility. The program warns before overwriting files that are newer than the installation files, i.e., .ocx, .dlls

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:59 PM

I might have to see if I can get it up and running in xp compatibility moe as well. If I recall, there were some libraries it needed that were no longer available in Vista or win7.

TomMusic ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quote - I might have to see if I can get it up and running in xp compatibility moe as well. If I recall, there were some libraries it needed that were no longer available in Vista or win7.

I'm sure you probably know how to change the compatibility mode but for forum members that don't here's how to do it.

In Win7 right click on the program installation file (ends in .exe). Now select Properties. A window opens. At the top click on Compatibility. Now scroll down to XP. Select "Apply" at the bottom of the window. Now you're ready to install the program in XP mode. -TOM-

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hey Snarly.. I have mat pose edit beta 4.. I'm pretty sure its an update for the version you have. I was testing for IIlari when he was working on it.

The most glaring bug fixed if I recall correctly, was a crash if there was a 000 setting for something or other.

I can zip it up and make that avaiable for you to add if you like. (Iilari gave complete redistribution permission, to make sure it didn't just vanish of the face of the earth.)

Other than a handful of people I shared it with, he and I were the only ones with this final version, as it was never posted on his website.  (He got sidetracked and forgot about it.)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:44 PM

Ok, here's a 4shared link to the last update to mat pose edit:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/fFz1De4X/MAT_Pose_Edit_BETA4_2.html

Snarly, feel free to echo it on your site as well.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:10 PM

Oh, and no matter what I try, it won't run on win 7 64 bit here.

mattymanx ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:19 PM

Thank you Gareee.

If it is alright with you I will host that on my Mediafire account since users dont need to join MF to get it.

(another reason I am glad I got away from 4Shared)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:30 PM

Sure, no prob at all. if anyone figures out how to run it on win7 64 bit, please post that info here.

mattymanx ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:59 PM

Thanks Gareee

Mediafire link MPE4 Beta - http://www.mediafire.com/?6u9r8cw8bp264eg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.