Mon, Oct 21, 11:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Question for all you animators that use Poser

mysticeagle ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:47 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

hi guys, my question is, poser defaults at 30fps for anim, how often do you keyframe for animation if for example you are using lypsync or mimic, a 30 second anim, the only reason i ask, is that using 1 per frame for exporting as a png has led me to suffer a lot of lighting flicker when i have reassembled the image in an external editor...plus 900 frames is a huge export.....I've done some anim in the past, but i could do with some input, thanks in advance.........

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

nemirc ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 7:31 PM

Are you using some sort of raytracing in Poser? Flickering usually only occurs when you have that sort of thing, because standard depth maps (or no shadows at all) produce no flickering

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 4:41 AM

I've never rendered an animation in Poser.  My animated PZ3s were usually rendered in Vue or Carrara.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 6:05 AM

yes nemirc, im using pp2012, i generally have raytracing turned on, can the animation side not handle raytracing?

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

msg24_7 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:02 PM

The problem of flickering lights and shadows is mentioned in the manual.
It is about rendering animations using IDL, but it may relate to simple raytraced lights and shadows as well.

The solution is to set the Number of Threads in the Render Tab of General Preferences to 1 

Maybe one thread is rendering a bucket getting hit by light, while another thread is rendering the same bucket +1 frame, but doesn't know that it just got hit by light...
...or something like that :-D

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 3:20 AM

ty msg, i shall try that and see how it pans out......tyvm

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 5:43 PM

But doesn't limiting the number of render threads to just one negate the render-speed benefits of of the newer multi-core processors?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

msg24_7 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 12:10 AM

Quote - But doesn't limiting the number of render threads to just one negate the render-speed benefits of of the newer multi-core processors?

I am pretty sure it does.

I could live with it, when rendering a still image, but when rendering hundreds of frames... 

I really do hope, SM finds a solution allowing the use of multiple threads when rendering animation using IDL. 

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 7:26 AM

Ditto to that! 

One of the main reasons I just spent a ton of $$$ getting a new 64-bit, high-speed multicore system was to do animations in Poser. 

Guess I shouldn't have trusted SM so much to deliver.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

mysticeagle ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:05 PM

anyone that uses raytracing on in image rendering pngs for export got any tips as to render settings that give a good balance of quality and speed. Raytracing is a must in the scenes i'm using.......

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 5:33 AM

Hi there was a recent thread in the poser forum about the flickering issue
the bottom line is that Flickering is a long standing problem
in ALL major rendering apps except the few that have implemented " Frame averaging" solutions like Maxon's Advanced Render3 or chaos group's V-ray.

I even did my own GI  RENDER TEST
to check how C4D handles the issue.

but I am not aware of any option within poser itself to force it to make identical sample calculations across a series of frames.
sorry

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 9:01 AM

thanks wolf, it seems that the answer is, if you want to use the advantages of idl and rt, then dont do animation in poser..........kinda makes the animation side of it pretty pointless, maybe sm will sell half a working program ;)

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 7:57 AM

Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more, mysticeagle.

Sigh...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.