Sun, Sep 22, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Shae users - minor issue im working on.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:04 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

not sure what happened, but at some point the Nappy Fro .HR2 in the archive got #%@$ed up somehow. 

im working ninja-fast on a fix that should be uploaded shortly.

my sincerest apologies, all i can say in my defense is that there are a lot of little files in these packs and that increases the chance that mistakes can happen exponentially :(

for the bandwidth-challenged (like me), i can mail out the patch separately so you dont have to redownload the file.

cheers,

-Gabriel

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:23 PM

I do not have that item, but I like that you support your products so diligently. :)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:33 PM · edited Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thanks!

The dynamic afro hair in the product zip was apparently rendering as just black wires.  Got it all fixed now and everythings all fluffy again.

Thanks to the super-efficient staff for being around at 12:30am on a weekend to greenlight an emergency update :)

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:36 PM

I have her installed, but I haven't used her yet.

Thanks for the quick response.

meatSim ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 12:17 PM

I dont have her yet as I'm working more on making things right now than rendering, but I wanted to say that what a great character!  Thanks so much!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 1:12 PM

apparently some folks are upset by the term 'Nappy Fro Hair', so its going to be renamed to 'Kinky Fro' in an update shortly :)

im also working on making a low-resource version of the hair for people on laptops or older computers.

Klebnor ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 1:54 PM

Well, I object to the terms 'Kinky' and 'Fro', so please call it "Hair".

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 5:14 PM

i hope you are joking :P

rty ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 6:46 PM

Hi Blackhearted, could you please tell us where to find those glasses she's wearing? They seem to fit to her style so well...

Also I wonder about where to find those batteries...

Only joking...

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 6:55 PM

file_481718.jpg

these?

i will be releasing them with an outfit shortly.  the glass shader still needs work :(

Klebnor ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quote - i hope you are joking :P

absolutely.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

rty ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quote - these? i will be releasing them with an outfit shortly.  the glass shader still needs work :(

Great! Thanks.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - i hope you are joking :P

absolutely.

:P

the Shae 1.1 update just went out.

some texture enhancements (ears, lacrimals, toes), hair and skullcap tweaks, the new 'Fast Fro' - which is slightly fluffier, about 60% of the hair density, and renders faster, and some other stuff i dont remember.

for PC reasons (since some people were getting offended) i renamed Nappy Fro to Kinky Fro. this means that after you install the update, youll have both a Nappy Fro and Kinky Fro in your hair library. delete Nappy Fro :)

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 1:25 PM

Quote - for PC reasons (since some people were getting offended) i renamed Nappy Fro to Kinky Fro. this means that after you install the update, youll have both a Nappy Fro and Kinky Fro in your hair library. delete Nappy Fro :)

Actually if you were being PC, "Shae hair" should have been the obvious choice, since it's her hair and it's in that package. Kinky isn't that far from "Nappy fro", it still refers to upkempt black hair.

Tessalynne ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 2:02 PM

Thanks so much for the update Blackhearted.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - for PC reasons (since some people were getting offended) i renamed Nappy Fro to Kinky Fro. this means that after you install the update, youll have both a Nappy Fro and Kinky Fro in your hair library. delete Nappy Fro :)

Actually if you were being PC, "Shae hair" should have been the obvious choice, since it's her hair and it's in that package. Kinky isn't that far from "Nappy fro", it still refers to upkempt black hair.

i plan on releasing more hairstyles for her, so Shae Hair would have been a poor choice.

if anyone has a problem with 'Kinky Hair',  they can go pound sand.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 2:56 PM · edited Tue, 29 May 2012 at 2:57 PM

Quote - if anyone has a problem with 'Kinky Hair',  they can go pound sand.

Ok, but don't say you've renamed it to be more PC because it really isn't.  Just pointing that out for you... take it for what it is. Really nice hair though.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:06 PM

Well Kinky Hair is right, the hair has kinks (as in not straight).

You are the maker of the item and have the right to name it.

It's time the PC bunch had something better to do.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quote - > Quote - if anyone has a problem with 'Kinky Hair',  they can go pound sand.

**Ok, but don't say you've renamed it to be more PC because it really isn't. ** Just pointing that out for you... take it for what it is. Really nice hair though.

if someone takes offense at the fact that i called natural african-american hair 'kinky' then they obviously have some racism issues of their own to work out.

all the weaves and chemical alterations in the world dont change the fact that natural black hair is kinky, nappy, coiled, coily, etc. i happen to think a natural kinky fro looks much better than the typical weave -- which is why i specifically chose to make one.

one would wonder, if i were racist, just why the hell i would take the time and effort to create and promote an attractive minority character for poser?

then again, some people just like to argue and find fault with everything.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:17 PM · edited Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:18 PM

If people have a prob, check this out:-

LINK

Also check out Kinky hair in googles images section!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 4:07 PM · edited Tue, 29 May 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quote - Hello dear,
My name is Miss jean, after reading your short profile here i took interest in you, and i really have vital information relating to my life and future that i want to disclose to you, so please reply me with my email address here (nechwa_jean @ yahoo.com)where i will be able to write to you to tell you more about me and also send to you my attached photo.
(Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in life)

Please reply me with my e-mail address here
(annoyingspammingPOS @ yahoo.com)
Yours New Friend
Miss jean.
Thanks

facepalm

can someone ban this idiot already? :P

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 4:13 PM

That spammer got banned a little while ago and I removed all posts, must have missed this one at first though:)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 4:21 PM · edited Tue, 29 May 2012 at 4:22 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_481851.jpg

yay :)

3dactor ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 5:41 PM

kink strength, kink delay and kink scale parameters all contributed to this great kinky hair.

:biggrin:

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 6:54 PM

"I have a better head of hair than Rick Perry; it's just not in a place I can show you. "

Kinky Friedman

"Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail."

Kinky Friedman

The only Kinky worth discussing.

JimFarris ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 11:56 PM

Quote - Well, I object to the terms 'Kinky' and 'Fro', so please call it "Hair".

[joke]

I object to the term "hair."  Please reame it "filamentous keratin dermal exudation."

[/joke]

raven ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 11:37 AM

See, when I saw kinky, my mind went to the gutter ;) and then when I saw it being called nappy hair I got confused again as that's what we call diapers over here and so I thought why is it being called that? Now it all makes sense to me :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.