Sun, Oct 6, 5:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Rigel 7 (From "The Cage" and "Requiem for Methuselah"

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:33 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 4:53 AM

file_481735.jpg

On to Matte Painting #4.  This is a scene from the original series episode "The Cage" and also reused in "Requiem for Methuselah".

I didn't realize it until today but all of the matte paintings used for the series were all done in season 1.  I guess maybe they ran out of budget after that or something.

This image turned out to have a super duper twist in it that's going to hang up the whole thing.  When Whitlock painted this, he basically screwed up the horizon so that if you setup the scene with the correct horizon, the ground and the water won't line up.

It's very very hard for me to explain but suffice it to say, this particular image is turning out to be the trickiest of them all to get it to work correctly!

I'm about three days into this thing and I've finally finished all the primitive modeling (in other words, I pretty much know where everything goes now).  It's really important to model the scene just using simple things to get spacing and dimension correctly.

This process is a lot more tricky that it may seem and I've learned a lot of interesting things working on these projects so far.

Anyway, as before, I'll post as I go.

-Kix

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 5:38 PM

Nice start..... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.