Tue, Oct 22, 3:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 1930's-40's Tap Pants

singanprayisme ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 6:51 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:34 AM

I am looking for the tap pants worn I think in the 30'40's.  They are high waistged and flair at the thighs. Plus a top to go with it.  This could be one that ties below the breast but would totally cover the breast area.  Or something like in the examples below.

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/buell/BUELL_img_26.jpg

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/buell/BUELL_img_20.jpg

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/vargas/alberto-vargas-pinup-artist_52.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/35471717/reproduction-1940s-sailor-girl-pin-up

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 7:29 PM

I would love these myself  

Great idea

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 8:30 PM

oh wow--those would be kewl

Lakotariver ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yes, Very Cool,

Reminds me of the art they would put up on WW2 military aircraft or a pin up you would see aboard a ship. Would be nice to see on the market but I have not seen any yet.

mgtcs ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 9:37 PM

I really would like it! 

myquad ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:30 PM

Those would be fantastic to have!

dhouck ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yes in deed.... this would be too cool

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:25 AM

Yeah thats why I would like a set like that so that I can use in some vintage style art work Im planing on doing myself

mindy6886 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 6:39 AM

Yes a set of these would be nice

Faerydae ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:20 AM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:21 AM

Add me to the list! I'd love to see all kinds of vintage/classic pin-up stuff.

Angelwave ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 4:17 PM

Weighing in on the wish list. The Rockabillie style is super hot over here on the pacific coast. Rosie the riveter and the great styles of the era. I wish I could get the famous fashion designer Er`te's clothing props also. Timeless design. 

MatCreator ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 9:01 AM

I can see stuff like that selling very well, but I'm pretty sure that it's already been done, a rather tedious seach thru the RMP will unhide it for sure...

(maybe not so tedious?!?)

Maybe if you could settle using one of the earlier characters. I'm just so sure there are a few sets like this.

Also, as a merchant myself, you'd do well asking other merchants, they will either find, discount or make the set... And you'd be in good position to have it catered to your needs, they would design to "suit"...

(I charge .0001 cents for my bad jokes by the way)

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

singanprayisme ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 11:56 AM

@Mat  I have looked all over the place.  There are some that have the flaired legs but everything I have looked at is below the bellybutton.  OOT has made some long pants that are high waisted and he has one outfit (5Tease Pinup Outfit) that is very 30s/40s but it's all one piece.  If you find any, let me know.  I have asked a few vendors.  Some say they have been thinking about it but none have done that.  I should have said I want it for V4 and poser. And I would rather it be from a vendor at RMP.  OK, I am going to keep an eye on you and send you the bill for the bad jokes.  Is that Canadian, Euros, or US?

MatCreator ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 12:45 PM

Maybe take an existing piece and morph it or use transmaps or displacement maps to get the desired effect?!? Can you combine or mix and match sets?!?

Me, I've always been the do-it-yourselfer (merchants make terrible buyers, LOL), I'd prolly end up making it...

Don't get any ideas, I'm awlful at clothing =P

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

singanprayisme ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:04 PM

Mat, you mistake me for someone who knows what she's doing.  Make my own?  I barely can open the program.  LOL I know I have to take a leap and start learning how to make my own. 

MatCreator ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 9:11 PM

lol =P

My most sincere apologies...

I'll poke around myself and see what I can find. I'm just positive there is something existing that would satisfy...

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 10:17 PM

Im thinking of fowarding this to some of the people who make free Dynamic clothing maybe they will do it for us

singanprayisme ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 10:24 PM

@Mat--That is much appreciated.  I am going to ask my friend who is a vendor here but she is so busy I have never asked her.  I will send her this thread.  Maybe it will be worth her while. 

MatCreator ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 4:43 PM

i can assure you, this thread deserves attention from vendors, if its not already being done by a few, they will see this as a grand opportunity...

im "almost" tempted to give the prospect enuff thought of maybe considering a slight possibility of doing myself...

"almost" being the operative word =P

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 8:34 PM

there are a couple erte inspired dynamic items over at sharecg. Rosemaryr, if my memory doesnt fail me. Ertes and Adrians designs rely so heavily on fabric draping that they are often very difficult to replicate in 3d.

as a vendor .. when you make a request please specify the figure you want it for or just for any figure. Makes it easier on us :) .... and now I see that buried halfway down the thread. Nevermind :)

Lyrra

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2012 at 5:17 PM · edited Fri, 13 July 2012 at 5:18 PM

file_483778.jpg

How does this look?  I need to rig it, but if someone wants to volunteer to do some textures for it, we'd all be happier (I can model, but I'm not so good at texturing.)

on edit:

Meant to say I'll put it up as a freebie here at Rendo.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2012 at 10:13 PM

file_483786.jpg

OK, rigged and just about done.  Only textures left.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:06 AM
singanprayisme ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 11:22 PM

Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!  A dream come true.  You made my day!  Did I say thank you?  LOL 

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2012 at 7:08 AM

Quote - Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!  A dream come true.  You made my day!  Did I say thank you?  LOL 

ROFL, you're welcome.

Faerydae ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2012 at 4:11 PM

Looks great! Thank you!

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2012 at 12:23 PM

That's a lot of work for a freebie. Thank you very much.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2012 at 12:58 PM

You're welcome, Faerydae and nobodyinparticular.

MagnoliaMoonElf ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2012 at 10:35 PM · edited Sun, 07 October 2012 at 10:41 PM

Ohhh my gosh these are awesome!!!!!! I love the High waisted pants long and short.

I would love to see some high waisted wide band pants as well. I had several pair in the 70's that I loved to wear. Makes me think of Katherine Hepburn.

And can I say thank you , thank you , thank you as well lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.