Sun, Oct 6, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Genres in the galleries

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 1:01 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:05 AM

Hey gang, just popping in here to let you know I've added two new genres to the galleries..

Travel & Manga

Enjoy :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 7:16 AM

Cool... and later on, maybe we can get that fruit knitting genre I've always wanted...

Ravel & Mango.

Ba-dum-dum-ting :tongue2:

Sorry, I'm only on my second cup of coffee and I haven't wriggled all the silliness out of my head yet today. Seriously, thank you... variety is always nice.

😄

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:30 AM

:lol:@ Capt.

~Jani

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:34 PM

I just checked and now there's both anime/manga and manga categories.  they're very popular in japan!  there are some minor differences between anime style (cel-shaded) and manga style (b/w line drawings with dramatic inking and some fully rendered drawings).

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 8:49 AM

Ooooo I didn't see the anime/manga slaps self Nanc do you think with the slight differences you mentioned I should maybe take the manga off that anime/manga or leave as is? Im not familiar with that genre at all so need some pointers :)

~Jani

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 4:19 PM · edited Sun, 03 June 2012 at 4:20 PM

my vote: lump them together.  anime style is much easier to generate in poser than manga style IMVHO, yet our users tend to post smooth-shaded renders using anime-based daz/poser characters.  hence it's anime subject matter they follow, rather than strict adherence to established commercial styles.  would suggest considering "manga studio" category instead.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.