Fri, Sep 20, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Graphics card for Vue 8 Studio?

fuzzoom ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2012 at 9:00 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

I bought Vue 8 Studio a year or two back when it was on sale 50% off.  I never got around to installing it until now.  I need suggestions for a good, compatible graphics card that will play nicely with Vue 8.  $100 or less would be nice.  I have a Dell XPS 8300.  Vue doesn't like my ATI Radeon card.

Thanks in advance!

cyberknight1133 ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2012 at 12:49 PM

First off, are you sure the video card is the problem? In my experience, Vue is pickier about the amount of RAM you have, rather than the video card.

Secondly, what ATI card are you using?

I've had Vue 3.4, 5, 6.5, 8, 9, 9.5 and 10. All I've ever used were ATI cards and I've only had 1 issue that disappeared with the next driver version. Which brings me to the next question: Have you tried updating your drivers?

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 11:26 AM

in the old days, nVidia did better on OpenGL while ATI did better on DirectX, so the 3D pros went nVidia and the gamers went ATI. That's why Vue had some preference for nVidia as well. But that's all history by now.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.