Sat, Sep 21, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: xStream + Mac + Cinema 4D Studio R13 - anyone using?

colliderscope ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 6:46 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:54 AM

I just ask cos I've installed the Vue Personal Learning Edition of xStream on 3 different Mac systems, ranging from MacPro / MacBook and OS X 10.6.8 / 10.7.4, some of them completely fresh OS installs - and in every case, if I select ANYthing from the xStream menu, C4D crashes with the message "Unable to find one or more resource files".  The Vue Infinite standalone runs fine (as does their Ozone PLE as a C4D plugin).

As I'm trying to evaluate the software's integration within C4D, this isn't a good start! E-on have tried to troubleshoot it, but so far no luck.

Is anyone else successfully running either the PLE or the full version of xStream with a similar config as mine? or even run into the same problem?

Thanks for your help!

penboack ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 6:49 AM · edited Thu, 07 June 2012 at 6:50 AM

Have you thought of using Vue Infinite and the VueSync for CINEMA 4D plug-in instead?

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

colliderscope ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 7:08 AM

No, I haven't heard of VueSync - but a google search seems to suggest its is a much older plugin, and unlikely to work with Infinite 10 and C4D R13...  But if I can find it, I'll give it a go - thanks!

penboack ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 9:28 AM

The VueSync plugin is part of the Vue Infinite install, as supplied by e-on Software, it is NOT an "older" plug-in. It is not, to my knowledge, included in the Vue PLE installation.

Assuming you are using Vue 10 PLE, look in the Vue 10 Reference Manual in the section "SYNCHRONIZING CAMERAS AND LIGHTS" from page 546 onwards.

Workflow to integrate CINEMA 4D and Vue would be as follows:

Export Vue Terrain in CINEMA 4D format.

Open the C4D file generated by Vue in C4D.

Animate camera in C4D.

Use VueSync plugin to export camera to Vue.

If you have the render cameras in C4D and Vue synced then you can render the Vue scene in Vue, the C4D scene in C4D and put the results together in a Compositing application such as After Effects.

The only limitation is that you can't export infinite terrains or extracts from infinite terrains from Vue. If you are also evaluating Planetside Terragen you may be interested to know that it is possible to export a segment from any terrain from Terragen.

I hope this helps.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

colliderscope ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 9:59 AM · edited Thu, 07 June 2012 at 10:07 AM

You're right - I couldn't find VueSync in the PLE install folders - didn't even know to look, as I'd seen no info about it before...  shoulda read more of the manual I guess!  Great advice - much appreciated - I will study this further.  And yes, I am also evaluating Terragen.  Many thanks!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.