Sun, Oct 6, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is anyone still using the Anna-Marie Goddard digital clone?

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 12:01 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:39 AM

I was just wondering if anyone still uses this V3 variant?

The link to the product at DAZ:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/anna-marie-goddard-digital-clone/

The link to an old thread here about the original EULA confusion.  Note:  The model herself posted a couple of times:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=1253681&page=4#message_1255273

Side question:  Has anyone cloned themsleves and posted "self portraits" to the Gallery?  I only know of one (not me).

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 3:01 AM

I never bought her and I didn't know she was still available. I do remember the EULA flap. At the time, I thought they would be doing a series of 'clones.' Maybe the controversy changed their plans. I had no idea who AMG was at the time which limited her appeal to me. She was probably the biggest 'name' they could get to do it for a reasonable price.

I'm sure some pleople cloned themselves either via the Face Room or manually, but I don't know of any specifically.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 3:41 AM

My avatar is a digital clone of me.  And I'm not kidding, that is very much what I look like. (Okay, my skin is healthier... lol.)

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 4:00 AM

I did an attempt at a digital clone of myself using V4 and used her as my avatar for a while. She looked about 10 years younger than me, mainly because I didn't have the right ageing morphs then and I didn't know how to sculpt them myself, or how to make normal maps for wrinkles. But otherwise she is a good likeness. She is still in my gallery.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 4:07 AM

Quote - I did an attempt at a digital clone of myself using V4 and used her as my avatar for a while. She looked about 10 years younger than me, mainly because I didn't have the right ageing morphs then and I didn't know how to sculpt them myself, or how to make normal maps for wrinkles. But otherwise she is a good likeness. She is still in my gallery.

I just looked at your "Self" - no post work needed.  :D

Have you thought of using yourself as the figure in other art?

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 4:12 AM

Quote - My avatar is a digital clone of me.  And I'm not kidding, that is very much what I look like. (Okay, my skin is healthier... lol.)

Was going to ask how you kept your skin so smooth. :p

I should try something like this if only for the practice.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 6:14 AM

It seems like some of the better celebrity morph creators would have a service to create clones for people. If such exists, I don't think I've seen it. Perhaps the work involved would make it too expensive.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 10:09 AM · edited Sun, 17 June 2012 at 10:09 AM

file_482588.jpg

I've made a selfportrait some months ago, but I've improved the morph somewhat since then (I'm looking a bit older in fact 😄)

Here's the link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2112714&user_id=108248&np&np

Above is a more recent one (on a bad hairday)

best regards,

Bopper

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 12:09 PM

To the OP 

Yes, I still occasionally use the character.

Yes, I have made a digital clone of myself.  It features in quite a few of my gallery images.  It's also hugely out of date because I now have short - mostly grey - hair and a beard. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 2:57 PM

maybe theres a market for someone to make digital clones for rendo members, i'd pay good money to look 20 years younger and shed a little grey :)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 6:26 PM

wow Bopper, that is awesome.  I would buy you if you were in the MP.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:26 PM

file_482630.jpg

Yes! Here is a render from late last year. But I've never tried making a self portrait

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quote - wow Bopper, that is awesome.  I would buy you if you were in the MP.

Love esther

I agree esther, I would also purchase him.

IMO he would make a perfect  figure for Colonial Times, perhaps Ben Franklin?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 11:20 PM

he'd be perfect for lots of things. eg a university lecturer.

Love esther

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 11:42 AM

😄😄😄

Thank you, but I'm afraid I'm not serious enough to be an university lecturer.

Bopper.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 12:01 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2012 at 12:03 PM

file_482662.jpg

Here is quick picture with my smartphone to compair, but I think the poser-variant is better. Better lighting, better skin (OMG, I will have to buy some turtle-neck sweaters)

best regards,

Bopper.

(sorry, I'm highjacking again, but I really like to make digital clones, I bought AMG by the way)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 12:37 PM

That's a damn good job, Bopper.  Now I can see the real thing, I can tell you've captured the essence of your appearance.  Nice work.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 4:32 PM

Quote - he'd be perfect for lots of things. eg a university lecturer.

Love esther

I dunno.  I think he has that suave and vaguely sinister look that I'd associate with MI6.  A spook, then. Definitely a spook.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 5:22 PM

I don't what the dutch word for spook is, but the dutch word "spook" means ghost :scared:

Perhaps I had to put a smile on my face, I indeed look a bit sinister.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:08 PM

file_482677.jpg

But you know, having you own digital clone, has its advantages.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:10 PM

a spook is a spy.

wow you are popular with the ladies!

love esther

Medzinatar ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:52 PM

file_482682.jpg

I have her stuck away in my V3 runtime.  I was just about to try converting the morph for Genesis (using GenX). I used her base texture with a shader network more suitable for PP2012.  She seems viable to me.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 9:10 PM

Quote -  

wow you are popular with the ladies!

In the movies, the spies usually are... ;)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 1:02 AM

Bopper, you can seriously consider selling that morph. Like mine, it looks younger, but no harm in that. Poser is about creating your ideal world anyway! But seriously, morphs based on real people have a special appeal.

And I have just been reminded how much I like V3.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.