Fri, Sep 20, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Adding DS4 cateloging capability to PoserPro2012

Jellybean ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 12:41 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

Hi

I really like the cateloging features within DS4 where I can have characters, poses, MATs, Morphs all within the same subfolder structure, I can move multiple items into a folder at the same time, etc.

Does anyone know of a utility that can add this functionality to PoserPro2012

Thanks

JB

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 2:37 AM

Have a look at ShaderWorks Library Manager over at RDNA.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 3:45 AM

Poser Pro 2012's library already supports combining different file type into a single subfolder structure.

I haven't used an external library manager for Poser but I've heard good things about some of them, particularly the one recommended by ghostman above.

For me, the PP2012 library does everything I need: configurable, freedom to combine different file types in a folder, a 'favourites' system to further organise the library and support for metadata to make searching easy and powerful. It's far more powerful than many people realise...

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 3:48 AM

Yep, same here.

I only use Posers Library.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 8:26 AM

Yes, it already support stuff within the same directory structure.  This was a P8 update I believe, as P7 did not allow for example, Poses in the Character folder.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 9:13 AM

The only shortcoming with the Poser Library for me is that folders can't be added to Favorites...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 9:16 AM

Quote - The only shortcoming with the Poser Library for me is that folders can't be added to Favorites...

...I think that's the point where Basil's LM2 would help.

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 9:18 AM

I've been wrestling with Shaderworks Library Manager 2 for a week or two now.  For me it's not going well.  There appears to be a 900 file limitation of some sort which just doesn't work for me at all.  I get lots of errors, particularly saying 'Out of Windows ID's'.  I've been communicating with him a bit, but I just don't think it's going to work for me unless that 900 limit can be over come some how.  My runtime is 56 gig, which is fairly big, I suppose.  If your runtime is much smaller maybe you won't have the same problems to deal with.  I don't know.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 9:23 AM

Quote - Hi

I really like the cateloging features within DS4 where I can have characters, poses, MATs, Morphs all within the same subfolder structure, I can move multiple items into a folder at the same time, etc.

Does anyone know of a utility that can add this functionality to PoserPro2012

Thanks

JB

DS has been able to do that for a lot longer than with just DS4, I've been organising my Poser content like that since late DS1 early DS2 (long before we got that crappy content manager force fed to us).

Jellybean ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 11:05 AM

i was not aware that Poser supported this natively - I give it a try - thanks to everyone who responded

Cheers

JB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.