Fri, Oct 4, 9:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: OT: Well, that's 10 years of my life I'll never get back

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 11:47 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 9:22 PM

I just noticed the date I joined here.  Crikey.

I know there are others who've been here longer but even so, 10 years at anything is a landmark of some sort.  It's been an eventful 10 years, too; met Claire, got married, had kids being the highlights.

Do I get a "Terminal Saddo" medal now? 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 11:49 AM

LOL. I was here since 1998 (different screen name and PFO then). That makes me eligible for the "Pathetic Loser's" award...lmao. Laurie

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm only six years in and it feels like 20.

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote - I'm only six years in and it feels like 20.

Well, moderator years are calculated like cat years, aren't they? So you're doing remarkably well.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 12:19 PM

Sam, you just gave me a heart attack.  :lol:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 12:19 PM

But.. in dog years isn't it like 60? ;)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 12:29 PM

Every shift of gallery duty removes 10 years from your life. JEN!!!! Good to see ya hon ;). Laurie

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 12:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'm only six years in and it feels like 20.

Well, moderator years are calculated like cat years, aren't they? So you're doing remarkably well.

Yeah... but I've only been a moderator for three months!!!!!!

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 12:55 PM

A testament to how fascinating the subject is.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 1:46 PM

How true PhilC, or we could say it is an addiction and we may need therepy....LOL

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 2:18 PM

Congrats!

Quote - I just noticed the date I joined here.  Crikey.

I know there are others who've been here longer but even so, 10 years at anything is a landmark of some sort.  It's been an eventful 10 years, too; met Claire, got married, had kids being the highlights.

Do I get a "Terminal Saddo" medal now? 

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 2:25 PM

Same here Laurie! 1998 PFO veteran.I can't remember my PFO name.

I think I forgot my first Osity screen name/password- (almost immediately!) then rejoined as EW. So I may have a few early 1999 posts under a different name. :-)

A Loser's Award? Nah! :-)

Quote - LOL. I was here since 1998 (different screen name and PFO then). That makes me eligible for the "Pathetic Loser's" award...lmao. Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 2:39 PM

Aw man, I need to get a life!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hey I was just thinking, shouldn't us oldies get a prize or something for being here so long......? 

(Just kidding LOL)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 3:30 PM

I remember adding my voice to a thread, about two years ago, suggesting that those who have been around for ten years or more should get some kind of reward.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 4:10 PM

The oldest Rendo screen name of mine that I can remember is Daffy34...lol. I cannot remember what my PFO name was at all. And I'm all for RHaseltine's idea...giggle. Laurie

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 4:55 PM
Online Now!

Veteran here too. Joined PFO in 1998. Screen-name was Dreamspinner. I'd say that oldtimers deserve something, maybe some sort of silly icon we can add to our ID Icon or something?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 4:57 PM · edited Sat, 14 July 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yes a star with "Old Fart" in the center...lol. And I do remember the name Dreamspinner :P Laurie

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:26 PM

I vote for Sams3D's  therapy theory and Laurie's farting star.  

:-)

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:48 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Yes a star with "Old Fart" in the center...lol. And I do remember the name Dreamspinner :P Laurie

Heh, thanks for remembering! I was the one asking dumb, dumb questions of anyone who'd listen and here's people like Traveler and PhilC answering me and I had no idea who they were in the Poserverse!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:55 PM · edited Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:57 PM

Does anyone remember that nauseating black, kelly green and yellow color scheme RO had back in the beginning? LOL. Yeah, I actually prefer those colors to these new ones.... Laurie

geep ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:58 PM

:biggrin:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 5:59 PM · edited Sat, 14 July 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quote - Heh, thanks for remembering! I was the one asking dumb, dumb questions of anyone who'd listen and here's people like Traveler and PhilC answering me and I had no idea who they were in the Poserverse!

Actually, in the beginning I'd only just heard of Poser. I only hung out with the Vue peeps ;). I only got Poser later because I wanted people and animals in Vue...hehe. When I first joined PFO I was still a mod at Big-I.com with Tesign and Lilwolff, DigReal and Spyderbytes :P I miss the old days - not commercial at all, we shared everything we made and discovered, seemed someone was discovering something new everyday. Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2012 at 6:04 PM

The first post I read here was one of Doc Geep's tutorials.  I remember thinking "So that's how you do it!"

:) 

My Store

My Gallery

Lully ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 5:08 AM · edited Sun, 15 July 2012 at 5:10 AM

Quote - Does anyone remember that nauseating black, kelly green and yellow color scheme RO had back in the beginning? LOL. Yeah, I actually prefer those colors to these new ones.... Laurie

I wasn't here then (7 yrs tomorrow) but just done a search and found a page in web.archive site,  

http://web.archive.org/web/19991127182951/http://www.renderosity.com/

is this it?

Edited:- lol I just noticed on 27th Nov99 there were '130 members currently online'

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 5:16 AM
Online Now!

Oh, yeah, I remember that now. The green side bar and all.

Weapons of choice:

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 5:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - Does anyone remember that nauseating black, kelly green and yellow color scheme RO had back in the beginning? LOL. Yeah, I actually prefer those colors to these new ones.... Laurie

... http://web.archive.org/web/19991127182951/http://www.renderosity.com/

is this it?

Hehe, that was probably Photoshop 2 or 3 or Illustrator 1! They were still working the bugs out :p

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 6:09 AM

Quote - LOL. I was here since 1998 (different screen name and PFO then). That makes me eligible for the "Pathetic Loser's" award...lmao. Laurie

Yep, I was around in PFO days. Is it really that long ago? :blink:

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 7:06 AM

Poser 3.  Now those were the days.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 8:06 AM

O- oeps???
Do not know what to say?

Started with Poser1, on a single 1.44 disk ...........................free with a mag at the time.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

onnetz ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'll have to look at this post to see when I joined. Dont frequent here as often as I used to or at least I'm not as involved.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:25 AM

12 year veteran here

Sanity went south years ago.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quote - Edited:- lol I just noticed on 27th Nov99 there were '130 members currently online'

Heh, that day was my 33rd birthday. I had no idea this was out there. I had a supervisor who had some sort of modelling program. I am not even sure what it was called, but I know it wasn't Poser. I am still a newb in a lot of respects, but I am glad I am here now.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 12:36 PM

Quote - Poser 3.  Now those were the days.

I started with Poser 2. Ah, I still remember the pre-transparency hair-looking like a shiny plastic hat.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quote - I remember adding my voice to a thread, about two years ago, suggesting that those who have been around for ten years or more should get some kind of reward.

And I remember your voice added to the thread! :-)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 12:40 PM

I remember "Dreamspinner"- thought it was a cool name. I think my first screen name was Risingstarlight-or something like it. I got frustrated since I could not remember it and re-registered with my real name within a few days.

Quote - Yes a star with "Old Fart" in the center...lol. And I do remember the name Dreamspinner :P Laurie

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 12:01 AM · edited Mon, 16 July 2012 at 12:02 AM

Well, I don't feel so old reading this stuff.

I will say, as paraphrasing the Freak Brothers, "Rosity has gotten me through times of no money better than money has gotten me through times of no Rosity."

I've learned a lot - A LOT - of stuff, mostly technical and artistic, hanging around here. Not bad for a continually evolving site of FREE resources rife with multitalented, often conflicting (and how, LOL!) personality types.

It's fun just coming here most of the time.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 2:33 AM
Online Now!

Quote - I remember "Dreamspinner"- thought it was a cool name. I think my first screen name was Risingstarlight-or something like it. I got frustrated since I could not remember it and re-registered with my real name within a few days.

I remember seeing your name too back then. I never deleted my Dreamspinner gallery.

Heh, I'd love an Old Fart Badge! I started out with Poser 3. At the time I did run across a site that had two custom figures for Poser 2 for download. I loaded them into Poser 3 and rendered. They looked like they'd been carved out of wax or something. Really terrible. I remember the first Poser 4 render I saw was by Kozaburo and at the time, I did a double take wondering why someone posted a photo. It was really well done.

Weapons of choice:

AlDemps ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 5:23 AM

13 years & 15 posts.

I guess I'm a lurker.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 5:41 AM

Despite the fact that I did start tinkering a bit with 3d CG back around 1997-98, with Autocad, Bryce and 3D Studio, I had over a decade's worth of artistic  hiatus, and only just got back into it really when I got my copy of Poser 9, when it was released (having failed to get very far over last summer tinkering with Blender)...

...it was only then that I discovered and signed up to this place... and the rest!

So yeah... I'm at the ten month mark now... as opposed to ten years... LOL.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 6:27 AM

Quote - 13 years & 15 posts.

I guess I'm a lurker.

And an extremely talented artist. 👍 

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 7:03 AM · edited Mon, 16 July 2012 at 7:05 AM

Quote - I started with Poser 2. Ah, I still remember the pre-transparency hair-looking like a shiny plastic hat.

You 'ad it lucky. In Poser 1, there was no hair. Nor clothes, neither. And we was 'appy to 'ave it.

:lol:

Edit: actually, I joined the year before under my own, real name, but that account seems to have been purged now. 

jjroland ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 9:34 AM

My first thought was "Ooooh does that mean he is single?"  lol.  Congrats on the 10 years though I suppose :)

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 11:00 AM

Heh.  Still happily married.  :)  Good to read you, JJ.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 1:06 PM

Been around since Poser 2, myself!

12rounds ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 7:09 AM

"Time flies when you're having fun."

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 8:25 AM

Quote - O- oeps???
Do not know what to say?

Started with Poser1, on a single 1.44 disk ...........................free with a mag at the time.

wow,

SM should put a vintage version like Poser 1 as an easter egg on their DVDs :)

you could probably get it to run in DOS compatibility mode or emulation. id install it just to see how far Poser has come since then.

ive been here since early 2000 under a different name.  i used to make free transmaps/textures for freebie clothing items.  no, noone can know who it was or you may be able to look up the crappy art i was making back then :P

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 8:44 AM

I thought Poser 1 was Mac only?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 8:47 AM · edited Tue, 17 July 2012 at 8:48 AM

Poser 2 then, pff.

i was probably in elementary school when you guys were using Poser 1, LOL

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quote - "Time flies when you're having fun."

Time flies anyway so you BETTER have fun, LOL! How do I know?

I can't believe I got this old this quickly. And I have to listen to my daughter complaining about she can't get another good paying job because she's 50!

Of course, I tell her that that is not the only reason, but probably part of it.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2012 at 10:14 AM

Holy cow LarryF, I'm younger than your daughter...lol. Thanks. That makes me feel young..lmao. ;) Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.