Sun, Oct 6, 5:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: obj to prop, then what?

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 5:49 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 4:59 PM

I'm trying to remember where I see it...

you import an .obj file in poser (clothing) and it becomes a prop on the figure, how do I change that and then make it where it will confirm to the character later. I know the subject was brought up before but I can't find it right off.

can someone help me out please...

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 6:59 PM

parent the prop to the figure as desired (head, hand , hip etc) and save the prop to the prop library for use in future.

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 7:21 PM

how can I then use it as a Charater/Figure later

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 7:24 PM · edited Thu, 19 July 2012 at 7:25 PM

Import obj
Setup Room
V4Dev Foundation ->auto-group  (this is for V4 of course)
Pose Room
Change name
Save figure

That is the super quick steps.  Look for corinthianscori's video on Youtube making a ball a miniskirt.  Super quick, super informative.

http://youtu.be/9ahK3tUSAB0

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 7:35 PM

ty 3doutlaw that help some, it at least put me in the right direcrion. 

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quote - Import obj
Setup Room
V4Dev Foundation ->auto-group  (this is for V4 of course)
Pose Room
Change name
Save figure

That is the super quick steps.  Look for corinthianscori's video on Youtube making a ball a miniskirt.  Super quick, super informative.

http://youtu.be/9ahK3tUSAB0

I have seen that video a couple different times, and since I am in Poser 9, I get lost. What I don't understand is how I load the DEV foundation from inside the setup room? I don't see an option to do that... or am I just stupid and not seeing it? It's the biggest reason I can't ever complete a conforming figure.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 10:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 July 2012 at 10:39 PM

In the setup room, open your runtime library, via Windows -> Libraries, and its in your runtime, right next to the V4 base model

EDIT - OK, it is in mine...but maybe I have re-arranged.  You may need to search your runtime first to find it, then navigate there in your library window

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 11:02 PM

Ah, ok... since I don't own her and would be using Ryan or Simon, I get it now. Actually, is there a complete tutorial out there for the setup room? I've attempted it a couple times from reading the Poser manuals and such, and I still can't seem to understand it. Someone must have created a video tut for it by now....?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 11:18 PM

sorry, I misread your question.

try looking at PhilC  for a utility objtocr2 I think was the name if you plan on doing much clothing.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 2:17 AM

Yes OBJ2CR2 will convert an imported OBJ file to a Poser figure CR2. No pregrouping is required. Its just a couple of button clicks.

http://www.philc.net/OBJ2CR2_page1.php

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quote - Ah, ok... since I don't own her and would be using Ryan or Simon, I get it now. Actually, is there a complete tutorial out there for the setup room? I've attempted it a couple times from reading the Poser manuals and such, and I still can't seem to understand it. Someone must have created a video tut for it by now....?

PhilC posted a 3 part rigging on Youtube, and Phantom3d posted one on Vimeo.  Both actually rig a figure by putting in the bones.

I dont know if Ryan or Simon have something like V4 Dev?  I use her, Aiko3, M4 (rarely) and some Nursoda folk almost exclusively.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ah, ok... since I don't own her and would be using Ryan or Simon, I get it now. Actually, is there a complete tutorial out there for the setup room? I've attempted it a couple times from reading the Poser manuals and such, and I still can't seem to understand it. Someone must have created a video tut for it by now....?

PhilC posted a 3 part rigging on Youtube, and Phantom3d posted one on Vimeo.  Both actually rig a figure by putting in the bones.

I dont know if Ryan or Simon have something like V4 Dev?  I use her, Aiko3, M4 (rarely) and some Nursoda folk almost exclusively.

Yes, both of them have a DEV foundation. I've used Simon's foundation when I was making his costume months back. I tried to use Ryan's, but discovered that it can't be used with Ryan 2. There is only the DEV for Ryan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.