Sun, Oct 6, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Malware detected on the Bryce forum

adbc ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 3:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:51 AM

This what I get when I go to the Bryce forum with Google Chrome.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 7:12 AM

Weird ... Me too...Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57 m

Loaded fine in IE 9

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 8:39 AM · edited Sat, 21 July 2012 at 8:39 AM

I'll add that I use Lunascape 6 (*Gecko/FF engine) and I also got a pop up in the main Home Page & the Poser forum really simuliar to this a couple of weeks back, but when I shut down Lunascape and re-uped my browser I never got the message again so I thought it was a fluke.... but I stilll can't log in on the home page, it errors out and Lunascape won't open it. I have to log on into my profile page! Now I have that bookmarked.

Could it be something in the code on the site that is sending a false positive? My issue happened right after the new site changes.

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 12:45 PM

on chrome 22.0.1207 Dev-M here and no issues with the bryce forum.... tho, that does not mean it should be ignored... investigate!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 4:46 AM · edited Sun, 22 July 2012 at 4:47 AM

Thank you everyone :)

We are aware of the issue and will be taking care of it just as soon as we can. Rest assured however that this is most likely a javascript issue...the errors you are seeing are coming from Google, who has tossed a warning up on different pages found on the web so anyone accessing those links from wherever, will get that message.

We're waiting on the programmers to have a look-see and thanks for your patience gang 😄

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 10:23 AM

Yep! As in my case I found if I bookmarked a different page and surfed from there I got no more pop ups. But I cannot speak for the Bryce pages as I go there not as often.

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 1:00 AM

I am getting the same message when I try to browse the ZBrush gallery and forum. I also use Chrome, not sure which version.

Glad to hear this is just a java issue and not a real hack job. But just to be on the safe side, I'll wait til it is cleared up before I go to those pages again :)

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hey Cimaira, is there a certain place you are going in the Zbrush Forum and gallery? Im not seeing it there?

Can you give me a link so I can take a look?

Thanks!

~Jani

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 9:15 AM

It's when I use the link listed in the Gallery-Browse by Section.

Then when I hit the Forum links at the top of the page and try to use the ZBrush link in the list I get that warning. 

Still getting it this morning.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 9:38 AM

Hmmm Im still not seeing it, but Im in FF 3.6 so that might be part of it...I'll let someone know about this as well :)

Thanks!

~Jani

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 10:10 AM

Thanks, Jani :)

Cimaira ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2012 at 9:29 AM

Not getting the warning page any longer. Thanks for clearing that up :)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2012 at 11:23 AM

Attached Link: link

I just got it on a bot from Chris to the Bryce page

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 4:01 AM

Dang, that is so odd..okies, letting techs know something still isn't right :)

Thanks!

~Jani

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 8:37 AM

And I for sure don't have it on my computer cuz I ran Malwarebytes, SpyBot and my antivirus...all clean..Stacey mentioned removing the backrooms, I'm guessing it has to do with this ongoing thang

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.